Mental Health Forums

Dumb Injuries

hummm_mabbe

Hello

Somehow I have bitten the inside of my face - like at the front of my lower lip near the gum line. I cant even get that part of my mouth between my teeth .. and it HURTS ONLY WHEN I EAT CHOCOLATE goddammit. <_<

This isnt as good as my "break my finger whilst doing a Michael Jackson move" story though, when I went for the crotch-grab and karate chopped my own finger, rotating it thru 90 degrees, snapping it and dislocating it. Had ti interrupt my friend trying to pull, and he was annoyed until I showed him my little finger sticking out at an alarming angle. The doc wedged it back in place and I vommed in pain, which surprised a nurse cuz they ignored my request for a sick bowl.

Really NOT good with pain lol

Gimme yer interestin clumsiness / injury stories pls but no details of slicey dicey gorey stuff cuz I get squeamish and woozy lulz

Ross

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh goody goody, I love telling this one......

I was at a friends house when I was 13, a big old 3 story castle type house and in the attic they had a snooker table..... the room was disused and nobody ever really went up there... until about 4 of us delinquents did - to smoke pot!

Well, when we started, it was light, but as dusk set in and someone went to put the light on, realised the light fitting had been removed and was on the snooker table....bare wires hanging from celing....

So, clever little smart arse me, who actually knew how to wire a plug, thought...aha...i may be stoned but I'm sure I can fix this light...

So, I goes to fix it together with the wires, then noticing one of the wires was barely visible becuase of the plastic coating...you know the one that covers the metal bit, I went straight in there with my mouth to tear the plastic away and reveal the metal bit (like one does on speaker wires...easy ain't it?)

Well, the metal wire came straight into contact with one of my fillings and I KID YOU NOT, ..... A bright blue electrical explosion occured inside my mouth, temporarily lighting the room and made the most horrific bang, but leaving me altogther shocked and caused me to set the other guys off into nervous hysterics having just seen me get fucking electrocuted..proper...

Weed + stupidity + dumbarse = possible loss of life but at the very least jokes for years and years...

Still have no idea how I survived but people have said it might have something to do with the snooker table I was standing on. And that particular tooth is fucked now many years later!!!

OMG we have a winner lol

Jesus ... do you remember what it felt like? I cant imagine what 240 volts in your TOOTH would feel like! Was it one of those big wooden snooker tables?

Big respect for the teenage DIY tho lol. Did you start carrying a torch when you smoked pot after that?

I don't actually remember feeling anything... maybe the air exploding in my mouth and the immediate vicinity to my mouth at the time of the bang but other than that not a thing... did it stop me being dumb? Nah... actually, got dumber after that.....Hey... could THAT have caused my BPD????? I was fine til then!!! Sort of!! LOL :wacko:

When i was about 10 we had a climing frame and a swing in the garden. I thought it would be a good idea to put the climing frame in front of the swing, jump off the swing and grab the climing frame. Duh!! seemed like a good idea at the time

I swang as high as i could, jumped off, missed the climing frame and landed on my head. Got knocked out and went to casualty.

The most embarassing bit was when the doctor recognised me because i was in with concussion a few months before after falling out of a tree DUH!!! She said 'oh, you've had your hair cut' My mum was black affronted

Christmas that year i was admitted again-but this time it wasn't my fault. i had my appendix removed.

That was an average year for me :)

When i was about 10 we had a climing frame and a swing in the garden. I thought it would be a good idea to put the climing frame in front of the swing, jump off the swing and grab the climing frame. Duh!! seemed like a good idea at the time

I swang as high as i could, jumped off, missed the climing frame and landed on my head. Got knocked out and went to casualty.

The most embarassing bit was when the doctor recognised me because i was in with concussion a few months before after falling out of a tree DUH!!! She said 'oh, you've had your hair cut' My mum was black affronted

Christmas that year i was admitted again-but this time it wasn't my fault. i had my appendix removed.

ROFLCOPTER

Lol omg thats so cute that she said 'oh youve had your hair cut', how sweet. Tho mum didnt seem pleased? Am I missin the point ... prolly lol. It sounds like you were doin like a trapeze act or sumthin, you had major balls lol hee or just a rudimentary grasp of physics :lol:

Aww and now you cant digest grass anymore (apparently thats what the appendix was for in olden evolution days???? Mabbe an urban legend lol)

I don't actually remember feeling anything... maybe the air exploding in my mouth and the immediate vicinity to my mouth at the time of the bang but other than that not a thing... did it stop me being dumb? Nah... actually, got dumber after that.....Hey... could THAT have caused my BPD????? I was fine til then!!! Sort of!! LOL :wacko:

Hmm the engineer in me is trying to figure out how that happened .. must have been a potential difference waffle blah between bits of yer gobbie part waffle and you just got a spark mrairrrrr. Yes thats my technimical assessment. Dunno about BPD tho, hmmm.

ROFLCOPTER

Lol omg thats so cute that she said 'oh youve had your hair cut', how sweet. Tho mum didnt seem pleased? Am I missin the point ... prolly lol. It sounds like you were doin like a trapeze act or sumthin, you had major balls lol hee or just a rudimentary grasp of physics :lol:

Aww and now you cant digest grass anymore (apparently thats what the appendix was for in olden evolution days???? Mabbe an urban legend lol)

My mum was displeased and embarassed cos she was sick of taking me to casualty :)

I was a bit of a tomboy and did some really stupid stuff, its amazing i wasn't seriously injured as a kid lol

I used to love eating grass...damn that appendix :)

Hmm the engineer in me is trying to figure out how that happened .. must have been a potential difference waffle blah between bits of yer gobbie part waffle and you just got a spark mrairrrrr. Yes thats my technimical assessment. Dunno about BPD tho, hmmm.

Erm.... yeah...waffles and gobbie parts that must be it lmao ;)

Well I'm glad it's not just me. I'm so glad you were all OK. Here goes....

It all started when I was 3 and decided to pull a wire not knowing a kettle of boiling water was on the other end. Ended up with my whole right arm burnt with some third degree burns. Had to wear a bloody tube thing on it for years after every time the sun shone. you can see the big scars and some smaller 'freckles' on my arm which was the design of my lacey dress apparently.

Another time I had my rollerboots on and tied myself to the back of my brother's bike with a long piece of rope. He rode off and we had a good game for a bit until he turned a sharp left and there was a lampost just on the right....OUCH! I had a massive scab the size of a football all inside my inner right thigh for ages.

Then a few years later I was on my bike and looking behind at a different brother chasing me and rode straight into the side of a mini and got run over.

At the age of 16 I caught a Volleyball on my left thumb and twisted it right back on itself resulting in me having to wear a support for my GCSE's.

I won't even bore you with all my teenage stuff but the worst was deciding to go skinny dipping and then having sex in the sand-dunes. I was in Oz and I had sandfly bites in places I don't even wanna think about.

But as much as I have over-used my nine lives I have never broken a bone! ROFL xxxxx

Jesus Roses those are all harsh :(

I think I know why you have such a good pain tolerance now tho lol early training :( NAUGHTY SEXAMIFFIC SANDFLY lol

Ive done that volleyball thing too, it still cracks at the tendon now

I'm laughing, I never thought of it like that but you are right, early resistance training on the old pain barrier ROFL xxx

Oh and when I burnt my arm they covered it in wet material but when the doc took it off it ripped off all the top layer of skin but I didn't cry!!!! WTF, I was 3. Apparently the doctor cried in my place. xxx

I have a couple.

First, was going really high on a swing when I was about 13 or 14, and my best friend John pulled me off it! Little bastard! I smashed up my little finger completely, blood all over, really manky graze. Think that's why I'm scared of heights.

Second and best, was at the student union when I was maybe 20, had decided a great combination to take on a night out would be valium, cheap vodka and was on prozac at the time. So was totally fucked up basically and dancing on the stage at the union. There was a railing, but somehow I managed to trip up, fall through the railing and onto my FACE. I was so out of it, I kept dancing, but the bouncer came over, shone his torch in my face and his face was a picture. I had blood all over me, and had smashed one tooth UP INTO MY GUM! I had to go to hospital for stitches, but, to my shame, was a total horrible bitch to both the nurses and my friends.

The story continues...I then had to get a root canal and a cap put on the tooth. Everything was fine for a year or so, then I started noticing the tooth was sore. Went to a couple of NHS dentists, they said it was fine, but it was really sore and started coming out of line, but I didn't have money to fix it privately. So eventually I got some money together, went to a private dentist...

He said it was massively infected. He opened it up and found inside A COTTON WOOL BALL that had been there since they first did the root canal. Basically for 5 years, I'd had a cotton wool ball inside my tooth instead of a root canal because somehow the dentist...I dunno, just hadn't filled in the root canal? Bastards! I was so mad. It cost me an arm and a leg to sort out, cos it was infected all the way up to the bone and I needed a new cap put on and everything. The dentist said, and I quote "it looks like the work of a Bolivian dentist". The nurse replied "nah, I've seen loads of British people with messed up teeth, their dentists are awful" (I was abroad when I got this done).

Mad? Yeah. Apart from the fact that I've told this story about 5 million times and it does make me laugh.

I have a couple.

First, was going really high on a swing when I was about 13 or 14, and my best friend John pulled me off it! Little bastard! I smashed up my little finger completely, blood all over, really manky graze. Think that's why I'm scared of heights.

Second and best, was at the student union when I was maybe 20, had decided a great combination to take on a night out would be valium, cheap vodka and was on prozac at the time. So was totally fucked up basically and dancing on the stage at the union. There was a railing, but somehow I managed to trip up, fall through the railing and onto my FACE. I was so out of it, I kept dancing, but the bouncer came over, shone his torch in my face and his face was a picture. I had blood all over me, and had smashed one tooth UP INTO MY GUM! I had to go to hospital for stitches, but, to my shame, was a total horrible bitch to both the nurses and my friends.

The story continues...I then had to get a root canal and a cap put on the tooth. Everything was fine for a year or so, then I started noticing the tooth was sore. Went to a couple of NHS dentists, they said it was fine, but it was really sore and started coming out of line, but I didn't have money to fix it privately. So eventually I got some money together, went to a private dentist...

He said it was massively infected. He opened it up and found inside A COTTON WOOL BALL that had been there since they first did the root canal. Basically for 5 years, I'd had a cotton wool ball inside my tooth instead of a root canal because somehow the dentist...I dunno, just hadn't filled in the root canal? Bastards! I was so mad. It cost me an arm and a leg to sort out, cos it was infected all the way up to the bone and I needed a new cap put on and everything. The dentist said, and I quote "it looks like the work of a Bolivian dentist". The nurse replied "nah, I've seen loads of British people with messed up teeth, their dentists are awful" (I was abroad when I got this done).

Mad? Yeah. Apart from the fact that I've told this story about 5 million times and it does make me laugh.

Bloody hell

Literally! Do you remember what you were dancing to? Thats one hell of a combo, I think the closest I ever got to that was effexor and whiskey ... thats bad enough :o Amazing you couldnt feel that, mabbe they should stop giving anaesthetics in operating theatres and just go for what u had :(

utterly gobsmacked that the dentist managed to leave stuff inside you, that sucks utterly. LOL at the other guys reaction though, and the nurse saying UK dentists arent too good. Mabbe makes me feel better that my dentist is spanish. Or portuguese, im not sure ....

I saw that swing thing done to someone when I was little too. Kids can be so ingenious when coming up with ways to brutalise their friends .... :unsure:

Ross

I was dancing to Enter Sandman by Metallica.

The ironic thing is I don't even like Metallica but I'd dragged my friends up to dance cos I was such a mess.

Awww..... cool music to lose it to thoug hun. I did the dancing on bar thing but luckily I didn't fall off, although hubbie was standing right by me just in case! They had actually hired dancers to dance on the bar in this club and me and a gang of other girls kicked them off!!!! ROFL

I was dancing to Enter Sandman by Metallica.

The ironic thing is I don't even like Metallica but I'd dragged my friends up to dance cos I was such a mess.

I guess the lyric "exit light" suddenly took on a whole new meaning that night lol :(

my friend was making a potato in the micro wave and was stabbing it with a fork and somehow managed to get the fork embedded in his forehead!

He now has a row of 4 little dots on his forehead *giggle*

He's not the fizziest can in the fridge lol

Hmmm. Ross?? In pub. Toilet lid, cubicle door, faucet. Fractured skull. :lol:

And i've broken every finger at least once, the one that puzzles me the mostest is that i somehow managed to break my little finger by picking up a fork from the table in front of me. There was just a deafening crack. I've also broken a finger while pulling my Doc Marten's on, cause i got it caught in the Air Wear tag at the back. The rest were all either sports injuries or drunken mishaps.

Fractured neck in three places (swam into a wall in a gala after some prat grabbed my ankle - and i was too busy trying to kick them in the face... I mean, kick their hand away... :rolleyes: ... that i didn't think to look for the wall until i was right next to it. Collar bone made contact with wall. I was doing backstroke.

Broken wrist falling off the toilet. Dislocated kneecap the same way another time.

Thought it would be funny to headbutt a friend in the stomach a little while ago... It was really funny as i was charging at them. Until they turned round, and i ploughed my face into their backpack. Which had 6 BIIG hardback books in. I broke my nose, and got a hairline fracture on my cheekbone. My friends decided now would be a good time to sing back at me the song that i had bugged them all with constantly, as it was my ringtone. All i heard for days and days and days was their version of Pixies' "Broken Face". I still get greeted occasionally with "How's your broken face?" <_< At least it's a good song. ;)

That's all i can be bothered to type up for now.

xxxx

I once put a contact lense in my eye without neutralising the hydrogen peroxide disinfectant in it.

I actually went blind for a few seconds and then when my site came back it was just PAIN. And I had a very red eye for a while.

Age 14

walking dog on lead whilst wearing roller skates i though was a good idea to walk along a lil pointed fence...

guess what... it wasnt

dog saw its friend and scarpered, pulling me off wall and scraping my leg down the fence as i fell

bruise all down length of leg from knee to ankle and big gashy hole which has scarred v nicely...

Age 15

shutting back door, skidded on lino and fell through glass pane...

cut up hand - 26 stitches in a neat curly type scar flying fragment also cut face and foot, also kinda a neat scar...

Age summat like 5-6

lying on floor reading comic, got stalked by cat who pounced and attacked me (she was going a lil wild and schitzo) long scar on left face cheek

Age 4 ish

jumping up and down on mum's bed, tripped and cracked lip open on headboard. had stitches, which i pulled out myself so it healed with a bad scar

i worked in a butchery department when i was at 6th form and i have numerous scars from ligitimate knife cuts all over hands...

and a couple years ago i sliced top of finger with a die press cutter i was carrying without wearing gloves... they tried to fix with sterri strips but it didnt work so i pulled the flap of skin off - guess what - neat scar...

so far i have never broke anything... but there's still time... :)

lmao cant stop laughing after reading all your replies!

I remember a few things i have done...

1) waiting in corridor ready to go up on pysch unit didnt want to go seen a door decided to make a run (really thought i could get away) until i ran straight into the bloody door and knock myself to the floor ... never heard police laugh so much!

2) had my rollerscates on and my auntie had this big step outside her back door and i thought i would stand on it and knock on the door just as i was about to knock she opend the door ( i was leaning on it) and well i deffo made an entrance!

3) this was the other night i ran upstairs in the dark thinking my bedroom door was open and well it wasnt and i ran straight into it and winded myself!

BOY DO I HAVE ISSUES WITH DOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived