Mental Health Forums

Dumb Injuries

hummm_mabbe

I hurt my nose on a cd case once. and i hurt my back doing a summersault over a chair but that was quite stupid. usually i hurt myself by walking into things like chairs, tables and doors.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ross - no one has mentioned anything about brittle bones to me. would mention it to doc next time i saw him, but i think he's a bit fed up of me walking in to his office and saying "i've got [this]" or "I'm sure i've got [that]" and him going "oh, ho, ho, do you now, Jordan?!" and then running some tests and it turning out that i'm right. He's started to become "fully booked up for the following three weeks, i'm afraid. Would you like to see someone else?" an awful lot recently.... :rolleyes:

Emma.. I'm sorry, i have to ask... how on earth did you hurt your nose on a cd case?

I'm terrible for walking and bumping into things, too.

xxxx

Didn't post on this first time around so thought i'd add mine now:

When i was 4yrs old my dad had an old 'Delilah' car (Think that's what it's called)

Anyway old car, no seatbelts in back. Dad did an emergency brake cos a dog ran across a zebra crossing. I was stood up on the back seat so's i could reach to look out of window (as you do when you's little), and ...

... you guessed it i somersaulted over the front seat head straight into the dashboard, blood everywhere!

Luckily a guy in front his house saw it so took me n dad in and put a plaster on it. Dad took me to hossie where they put those paper stitches on. Gave me a crescent scar on me face that i still have today.

The best bit? I got given a blackcurrant icelolly and a packet of fruit pastelles for being so brave.

(Personally i think he just wanted me to be smiling when he brought me home so's mum didn't go too Ape Shit!)

When i was 7 i used to play wiv my teddy bears not dolls. (If anyone gave me a doll i tended to cut their hair off and colour in their head. [the doll that is not the person who gave])

Anyway i had a bright idea of pushing paddington bear on the swing. I tied him on with my skipping rope so he wouldn't fall off. I pushed and he soared, pushed harder he soared higher, pushed even harder and ...

... 'thwack' the wooden seat base made of a big ass plank of wood came back down and hit me in forehead. I got a big ass bruise and lots of butter smeared on it. (What is it with mums smearing butter on bruises, we're not cooking the damn thing)

Anyway those are a couple of mine, if i think of anymore i'll add them later.

x

Archived