Mental Health Forums

Recent Events

Joshua

sorry I don't know how to use the quote thing, but I would argue that the statement "a couple of centuries ago all children were routinely sexually abused" is not true. possible some were or maybe even many but undoubtedly not all.

however again this has gone a bit "Daily Mail" what I meant by that statement was, that societys view of what is acceptable shifts over centuries backwards and forwards. this surely indicates not that the people making laws or teaching moral lessons are assigning arbitrary "rights" and "wrongs", but that people are different things are not black and white.

xxx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• out2lunch

• Shelley

• roxy222

• Data

if you check put loyd de massesey's work, as he is the world leading pyschohistorian, you will see the evidnce, what you 'think' may have been the case isnt relevant in light of expert research and study

damaging human life has allways been wrong, its just taken alot of development and evolution for laws to reflect that, and for people to accept the damage child s/a does.

by terming this 'daily mail' you are being hugely invalidating and dismissive

this is an issue that ruins many peoples lives, and deserves to be taken seriously

one persons work does not tell the history of the entire world.

of course damaging life is wroing I did not once suggest that it was right....

by terming this 'daily mail' you are being hugely invalidating and dismissive ~ I disagree.

I appreciate that this issue may have affected you but I have not said anything inflammatory and I think you are being deliberately and unnecessarily reactionary.

I have not once indicated that I think child abuse is "right".

i didnt say you did say it was right, i just didnt understand your statement about attitudes changing, i cant see how that could be anything other than danagerous in light of this subject

if you check out the facts you'll find loyd de massesy work the ONLY world renouned expert research, held credible by many related educated experts, if you dont want to accept that it doenst change the facts

i am not being reactionary. but you dont seem to be hearing me so i wont bother explaining any firther

thank you for not continuuing to deliberate misinterpret what I have said. It is much appreciated.

i never misinterpreted what you said to start, i specifically said that i did not understand the point behind your statement that attitudes change in light of this subject

I explained my point and you then went on to assume an awful lot.

Look I think this is innappropriate, I have stated a point that I believe not to be illegal / immoral I do not understand what the point of this continued exchange is, except that you have virtually accused me of thinking that the abuse of a child is not always wrong, which is a complete misinterpretation of what I actually said.

peado's should be fucking shot = fact. End of!!!!!

And fuck off anyone who thinks otherwise. You know shit!

Does that include those paedos who haven't actually committed a crime, they just have the tendencies?

Totally, if the inclination is there, then a child/children are at risk of being hurt. Do the math!

Im sick of this fucking tip-toeing around with the government and there fucking political correctness, it's fucked up.

i agree, every single person who stood by and let it happen to me is every bit as bad as the people who comited the actual abuse

all those who 'allowed' or 'justified' the actions of my abusers, all those who did not bother to educate themselves to know the facts and to take action against it, in my eyes every single one of those people are in the same league as the peadophiles who abused me.

so i refuse to be one of the ignorant masses. children matter more, allways.

a massive dilemma for site admin, staff and members alike. one i have often worried and wondered about. are there official sites out there(i.e. run by government or quasi-governmental bodies) that specifically offer support for pedophiles?

i dont know of any official sites but i havent really looked, i do know that in some areas there are groups, support groups for sex offenders/paedophiles, usually run by volunteers, and i know here there is an organization that links an offender or whatever you wanna call them with a volunteer in the community ans they meet up for coffee weekly and discuss how they are coping with urges

i know this cos i used to do it for about 2 years

im not this narrow minded bigot that people think i am regarding this, i just found the way he posted offensive to begin with and it only got worse from then on,

im not naive about it at all far from it

I know you have a lot of experience in this field paris. if this ever happens again perhaps we can direct them in that direction. i didn't know these places existed

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 3 weeks later...

To say your alowed to be abusive because you have BPD is ridiculous. We are all responsable for our own actions!

I don't think anyone is saying that, Pamela.

To say your alowed to be abusive because you have BPD is ridiculous. We are all responsable for our own actions!

I don't think anyone is saying that, Pamela.

Heamophiliac said it x

Yes you are quite right:

if i am abusive its cause i have bpd tongue.gif

However the tongue.gif symbol is sometimes used by people to indicate sarcasm.

Totally, if the inclination is there, then a child/children are at risk of being hurt. Do the math!

Because there's a POSSIBILITY of something happening, you support pre-emptive judicial sanction?

...Do you have any idea what kind of repercussions this would have if it was implemented? For example, we'd all be locked up in a madhouse right now because we're at risk of blowing up and harming others and ourselves, because we have BPD/Depression/Bi-Polar/Anxiety/etc. I appreciate your passion for this and I agree that paedophilia itself is harmful, never mind cases of abuse (which are terrible), but it's just not right to take drastic action on the POSSIBILITY of something occuring.

Roxy, you're accusing people left right and centre of being part of the "ignorant masses". Recently you accused me as well, when you had also misinerpreted what I was saying. I didn't post a reply in that thread because I did not want to derail it. What you haven't realised is that the people you're saying this to AGREE with you, if not on all your points, then definitely with your core principles.

Again, Paedophilia = Attraction to children. Sex offender = Child abuser.

Not the same.

Can we get this thread back to the subject please which is about how we act towards each other on this forum.

I think that if people want to write about their 'Thoughts' they should first sit down and spend time and work out what is a 'Thought' and what isn't.

Contributors to this thread have brought to light the fact that part of the thread under question was invisibled by administrators. That fact is important for my reaction to those parts of that thread that I did see and its OP.

Thank you,

The subject of this thread, started by Joshua, was to discuss the way someone was verbally attacked by people here for being a paedophile. I don't see anything irrelevant to that.