Mental Health Forums

Moderators

Lily-Bee

Hi all,

We are in desperate need of a few new mods.If you think you can and want to do this contact me or reply here.It doesnt mean you'll get to be one we would still have to talk and see if we think you are suited.

Lilly

I have not been here long enough, and am not friends with anybody here.

However, I have a fantastic C.V *all financial related though*, and can be impartial, which is what a mod needs to be. Having a mod who has lots of friends here is not really a good idea. Surely it should be classed as an unpaid job? Like Volunteer work on a regular basis?

Me thinks so.

I'd love to be considered, but am somewhat outspoken and probably get a knock back, but hey ho.

I already applied for being a moderator and a peer supporter for this site a year ago(ish), and although was "hired", never heard anything else following that despite my emails. I sincerely wish you luck with the candidate hunt, Lily. I hope you find the Moderators you need as with the help this site provides to so many, it needs a good staff team.

Good Luck!

Hi Lilly,

I am sure if you look at the most controversial posts, the most heated ones, the posts where moderator action has been needed the most, you will find the little gems you are looking for....

Otherwise, a guide to what you are looking for in a moderator on the notice board might be a good start as it isn't clear what the role involves. Could a job description type thing be posted? Or a person specification... that would be more like it... as I'm sure there are members out there who would fit it well. But not knowing exactly what it entails means it's all a bit guess work based on the work of previous mods (some of whom do not make very good examples)

BTW - I am not interested myself, I am still unstable and in therapy/treatment although maybe one day, when I have proven to be consistant in my life, I may be able to look forward with more confidence. For now, I'm happy just to observe, watch, learn, participate when I feel able and of course continue to support people as I feel that I can.

Good luck.

Hi just wanted to say I would have loved to do it but it's a silly idea so i retract my interest. I cant give well written responses and my heart i guess is on my sleave and as someone pointed out, it wouldnt be a good thing to have a Mod who has to many friends here. I am Light blue, i prefer that colour anyway :) xx

Hope you find someone worthy.

Hi just wanted to say I would have loved to do it but it's a silly idea so i retract my interest. I cant give well written responses and my heart i guess is on my sleave and as someone pointed out, it wouldnt be a good thing to have a Mod who has to many friends here. I am Light blue, i prefer that colour anyway :) xx

Hope you find someone worthy.

i dont think you need to give well written responses, just say when things break rules etc. and its not like you have to do that on your own.

understand if you dont think itd be best for you though. atleast you know we think your fair and consideratex

yay i think lavender should be mod!

Well she has a lot of technical ability... I think she has had at least 6 different accounts on here, so that shows initiative :).