Mental Health Forums

Appointment With Dietician

toaster

Okilies went to the dietician today.

Spoke my 'pattern' of starving then bingeing. I was honest and told her I like looking ill etc.

She weighed me but I didn't want to know, got kind of upset.

She spoke to me about the effects of starving myself etc. I was shocked that social withdrawal and lack of personal care was in there, I saw straight away what has happened to me. I was also shocked by the physical symptons of tingling hands and feet - I get this a lot and it's me being malnourished.

I've come away with lots of info. I am going to try an start a small structured diet on Monday, set meal times, set menu.

I am going to tackle my kitchen over the weekend so I can cook.

And it's ok if I have days where I can't cope and slip.

I am allowed to keep eating my cheese strings :)

I am allowed to avoid 'trigger' foods for now, foods I binge on.

I have very mixed emotions. I'm somewhat excited, the idea of routine, structure, still having the control I crave yet it being positive. I'm fucking terrified as well. Scared of weight gain, scared of failure, scared of bein a fraud, scared of 'getting well'.

Lots of tears, both happy and sad, overwhelmed.

All in all I see today as a positive. I felt at risk after the appointment so went to see an old friend from group, so managed my risk.

I'll keep posting.

I am soooo happy for you. First off, well done for even showing up! As for letting yourself be weighed and talking honestly about your issues, you are a FUCKING GOD!!!!!!

You really do rock sister and fair play to you with the kitchen, I know you'll sort it out. Tomorrow is the first day of the REST OF YOUR LIFE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

yay toast, i'm so proud of you. Not only did you see the dietician but you are also taking her words on board and working towards recovery. With an ED is it soooo difficult.

Aw, i'm justa burstin' with pride :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 1 month later...

Archived