Mental Health Forums

Psychiatrist Appointment This Afternoon

marc-74

I've got my Psychiatrist appointment this afternoon, I cant help but think what a waste time.The last time we met my friend came , to help with things on my mind as I get a complete blank, and end up leaving with nothing solved. I've been totally honest with her talking about S/H and my alcohol intake. I have abused alcohol in the past, but I have it under control most of the time now. I told her that I got drunk after I self-harmed, but haven't been drinking regularly in the day. She then said she would not help me if I continued to drink alcohol, because it was the root of my self-harm.This may have been true in the past but not anymore, she didn't seem to believe me, then my friend spoke, and told her how nervous I was about leaving the house to come and meet him for the appointment, and that I had alcohol in the house, but didn't drink, even though it was a late afternoon appointment. Right now I could do with a drink to try and settle me down a bit , but that would just give her ammunition. I need to tell her that I'm craving S/H, but have left the blades alone. Then I wonder if I tell her that I've battled and am winning the fight of cutting, will she take me of the waiting list for the S/H group. So now I don't know If I should go to the S/H group, would I be depriving someone else who hasn't been able to fight the need to bleed.

please dont think u are depriving someonelse even thou u hathe been able to fight it off right now doesnt mean u dont need the help hunny u are important enough for the slot hunny please fight for it i love you :wub:

please dont think u are depriving someonelse even thou u hathe been able to fight it off right now doesnt mean u dont need the help hunny u are important enough for the slot hunny please fight for it i love you  :wub:

thank you my darling, I dont know what I'd do without you.

your marc xxx

I made it to my apointment on time , I went with my friend, He's pricless, I really don't know what I'd do without him being there, this time he didn't have to say anything to the Dr. Just him being there gave me the confidence to speak up for myself.

when we sat down I started the coversation, then she couldn't get a word in, I told her about the lack of motivation, and the craving for S/H and wanting to drink, but not acting on my urges. I also complaned AGAIN about my OLD Gp. when he sudenly changed my meds without any period of wiening. It's all a little hazy right now what went on, but my friend said I conducted myself very well, and was proud that I was able to stand up for myself and tell her about things I'm not happy with.

We still have a little way to go with adjusting my meds until we find a happy medium between getting my sleep, moods, urges and my artisic creativity.

She is also going chase up the aplication for the support group, then I was telling about the bouts of headahcs i get and she's reqesting my GP. makes an appointment with a Nuroligest to see if there's any damage for when the gang of fuck-wits broke bottle of wine across my head.

thak you for taking the time to read this,

marc x

well done marc! It's so hard to be honest with them

Thank you rachel, I really couldn't have done it without my friend and jades,  and all the support that I have found here.

Thanks again

take care 

marc x

Wow you should be real proud of yourself for today.

Sounded like it went very well.

What a positive for you.

Congratulations.

Thanks Sioux, I'm feeling pretty good that I was able to stand up for my self

marc x

Archived