Mental Health Forums

Joe

Joshua

I feel it only right to inform you all that I have taken the decision to remove the membership account for Joe72. Joe has caused much controversy in the short time he has been here. I made a decision in the first instance based on the information he shared, it is only through time, reflection and further disclosures from this member I have become increasingly concerned about his presence here.

Joe described himself as being an inactive paedophile, I accepted this label as a mental illness and on that basis with the fact he declared he has not been sexually active with a child, allowed him to stay. You will remember there have been many discussions on this matter around whether my decision was right or wrong; I can honestly say I believe that my decision at the time was the right one. Through becoming aware of more of his story my views have changed and this has led to my decision to remove him.

This was not a straight forward case of right or wrong and black and white. Initially Joe presented as someone requiring support and I felt it only fair to allow him the opportunity to use this forum as well as the terms of the site were being adhered to.

I hope that there is more appropriate support network out there for Joe and wish him best for his future. Thank you to those of you who offered me there support in regard to the decisions I have made over the past few days and also those who were able to get across their thoughts and feelings about this matter without turning to abuse.

Thank you Josh. I was not upset by your decision to have him here, only by people justifying actions I felt were wrong by Joe, and I can't recall you defending or making excuses for any of his actions.

I commend your decision and the process of a non-judgemental chain of thought to reach it. I feel you have made the right decision in order to protect the majority of this forum. I hope the forum will soon settle back to somewhat trusting, caring and safe place.

Thank you

Jinx

xXx

Josh,although I have disagreed with you.I think what confused me, and caused me to panic more were people seeming to justify his behaviour.(I see LickMe had a similar problem).Our last pms helped me understand that your stance was different.

I appreciated being heard.

I can imagine it hasnt been an easy time for you.

My respect for you has grown with how you have handled this situation.

I imagine that would come under data protection act or client confidentiality. I personally don't want to know, I'm just glad that Josh has proven he is willing to act to protect the community, whether that community be us or the public.

Hmmm i thought i had already replied to this? must be going mad Just wanted to say thanks Josh, think you have been in a difficult situation, and trying to get him help and support i thought was that big 'c' word i cant spell lol. Thanks again. xxx

You know what, I'm sick of trying to please everyone. Josh, if you'd have listened to your forum users in the first place half of your moderators and mini-mods wouldn't have quit and you wouldn't have lost so much support in the first place. Plus you could have saved us all a lot of angst and heart ache. I think you have been totally naive in this case and I really hope you have learnt your lesson.

Whatever consequences come about from this post I don't care, I am past caring. Bring it on!

Id have banned a man before knowing if there was any reason, Id have abused him as he may abuse others and wished him dead. No I think I will go with what i actually did.

I dont like to make quick, poor and thoughtless decisions with a mind set of "to hell with the consequences"

Yes his account is disabled he shouldnt be able to see anything. Should i post this three times to?

Yes his account is disabled he shouldnt be able to see anything. Should i post this three times to?

There ya go all sorted. :D

Well I am no health professional, as I would imagine are near on zero of those who post here for assistance, but seeing as Josh is the health professional, I would say that he is more than qualified to determine who can be a member and who can't.

I have to say that am overjoyed (first and last time ever use that word) to have found this site, and I find it informative, and learn new things everyday, not least the need to be tolerant of others health issues.

Archived