Mental Health Forums

Joe

Joshua

Hey -

Well I see that everyone is in their "happy" place. Look - it is probably

going to take the site some time to heal from this. And yeah that is understandable.

Having this person come here has had an effect on everyone, not just members,

but staff as well, and senior staff at that too. Josh has done what he feels

is best for the forum, he took some time and thought about it, then made a

decision. Where as, may of us (including myself) would have made that choice

on impulse. Lets just say its part of BPD and leave it at that. Once we have

all had a chance to take this all in, I am confident that the forum will once

again be a safe and supportive place, until that time try not to add wood to

the fire. Let it go out!

Well that is my cents worth. Maybe ask yourself this question as you sit and

think, were you actually angry at him, or angry at who hurt you and took it out

on him. Sometimes easier to lash out at others then the actual person.

Marchmadness

I know i spoke up for joe at the start. joshua obviously has more info than we have.

to me his first post looked like a desperate cry for help. now im really sorry i got involved, like really sorry. i don't want there to be 'sides' on this forum. It hasn't been a very happy place the last few days. I have not been a happy person either. Amd i do understand now all the hurt caused to members, many i would consider friends, and i hope that this can all heal in time.

i learnt my lesson on this one. i hope you can forgive me those of you hurting. im sorry.

anne marie

Benway, I feel I deserve a more personal apology from you for the direct cruel messages you sent me, you did more damage to me than Joe's presence here did to me. Though I fear that your apology here is not inclusive of me and that you have a personal grudge against me for a reason I do not know. I can't say that even with a personal apology from you that it will be easy to forgive you but it would go part way to healing the pain and distress caused to me, and perhaps in time I will feel able to forgive and put it behind us. That of course is if you are sorry at all for what you said to me.

I know and knew at the time that the action I took was and is the right thing, and I didn't need any qualifications to know that.

Personally i think josh was right to at least give the bloke a chance.

He has gone now so i am hoping things can get back to normal asap

I am really hoping that this site can get back to being a nice place where we can all support each other. Because theres lots of vulnerable people here who need that support.

March, you are right on all but one point. I wasn't angry at Joe, I was angry at the admin/staff on here. But that is all in the past now and I have stated how I felt to Josh earlier in this thread. I too, just hope things will die down soon and we can put the past where it belongs - in the past.

And I also echo LickMe that there aee actually an awful lot of mental health professionals here and also tons and tons of abuse survivors.

So he's gone thn for good I take it???... Hmmm but he could come back with a new name ect *okay yeah I am being para* BUT let me please :)...

Im guessing admin have blocked the original account and then blocked the IP address but from what I understand that doesnt stop someone using a proxy to get around it or use a broadband dongle for a different IP.

Well yeah that's what I was thinking, Well I shall just have to keep my eye out for new people on here and thanks for getting back to me as no fucker else has :D...

I'd like to say "yes I hope the community gets back to where it was".

but what good would that do?

Going back to how we were before would be like admitting this thing never happened, we dont need to go back, we need to change, Change the way we deal with issues like that here, and more importantly

How we deal with each other.

I'm not in the same boat as many of the people here, but people close to me personally were, and the biggest issue I had in all of this was the treatment of members who to put it mildly "disagreed" with the other side of the battlefield (yes i'ma gonna call it that).

I hold nothing personally against anyone for the side you took, you did what at the time you thought was right, standing up for what you think is right is commendable, HOWEVER there is a

MASSIVE difference between standing up for your views and making others feel insignificant and worthless and pretty much undermining thier issues as being non existant or not important.

especially making people who have suffered from S/A feel like they had no rights or were to accept this as "shit happens"

Whilst I did not agree with Josh's choice to let him stay here while he was here I do respect his reasons and his apology for the way it panned out,

I love this site and will continue to use it, but I have found my ability to express myself here severely hampered because of this atmosphere something that I think will take a very long time to heal, for the now the majority of support I am getting is from PM's from people whom I know "agree with my way of thinking" so to speak,

Let me be one to say, if I upset anyone or offended anyone during this period I am sorry, I never meant to and hope anyone who I did offend forgives me, I suggest anyone I did offend let me know and I WILL apologise to you personally, I do not see the need for abusing other members.

my two cents for what little they are worth.

Hi

I guess this brings up the question - is ignorance bliss?

as russell said, he coud use a dongle thing, or go to an internet cafe, use a friends / librarys computer, etc.

I don't want to scare anyone but dice you have pointed out what i have been thinking too.

Are we better off not knowing? Because knowing is upsetting, i agree,

joshua siad he had more information on joe, which makes me realise how stupid and gulible i was to accept him at face value.

Personally, i think posting anything you wouldnt want the world to see in the forums that are not accessible to non donaters is where i would put anything personal. Because if someone wants to join, their details wil all be available to joshua if they becomea sponsor.

sorry to the non donaters reading this, i dont mean i dont trust you. its just that in the forums accessible to donators you know that somebody who has just joined up to look around the site is unlikely to sign up to sponsor- and their real name and address wil be available to admin.

thats just my 2c on it.

take care, anne marie.

Im sure the admins will do all they can to make the forum environment as safe as can possibly be but no system is 100% The best defense against any internet threat is anonymity.

As this is a non profit making site, to request someone donates in order to sign up - not sure that be allowed.

If you want to sell on eBay you have to register a debit/credit card, however not everybody has those.

I understand the need in some cases to have a verification process, but most when they are looking for a forum with regards mental illness to post on, they do so in desperation and because they want urgent help/advice.

Asking them to verify themselves before they get that, could cause them great distress.

hi- i didnt mean that everyone has to donate. i mean to dice, who has sponsor by her name, that maybe she should use 'safe place' if she wants to post anything that she dosent want the general public to see.

sorry, im not making sense. I lost my diazepam, looking 4 them all morning, just found them.

i didnt meant or everyone to be verified, its just dice was worried about joe coming back, and admin would have his details if he tried to re-register as a sponsor. sorry.

a.m

being a mental health professional and a survior of s/a i am well aware that being a survior was a far bigger part of seeing through joe

the 'assumptions' (as josh so kindly put it) i made about joe were based entirely on his words, his manipulation of words, his dismisive responsence to peoples anger here, his use or terms of harm and love etc, his non acceptance of responsibility

if this was all there was to go on in any other setting i would assess the risk in the same way and come up with the same, correct, result

i had no problem with his 'right' to be here, just other peoples worrying lack of insight, and their treatment of surviors who did feel angry and who cd sence the danger

any mental health professional who did not see through this man should learn now, if they dont then theyd be as useless as many of the professionals that are out there who continue to let victims down time and time again, and that makes them as guilty as any perpatrator

theres allready far too much blindness, pls dont willingly add to it

Archived