Mental Health Forums

I Feel Like Im Going Backwards Im Panicing

complicated

i dont know what to say my heads saying theres no point in all this talking etc, im doomed anyway its determined that im going backwards im gona go back to hell back to drinking smoking weed an generally doing anything to get oblivion, thats how i feel right now, my eating is out of control an im terrified to go to an oa meeting an im scared of being around people fullstop, im becoming trapped my clothes are to small for me so im hiding away, i dont want anyone to see the weight ive gained, im a nervous wreak im thinking about going to a meeting tommorow but my fear is overwhelming almost consuming, everytime ive tried to go to a meeting one way or another its ended up with my fear becoming so great that i cant go back to get the help i need, its been said that u need to stick around to get well so u can get a hold of ur fear but the trick is doing it in the first place, i just think if i dont do something an soon quickly im gona end up turning fully to the drugs coz food wont be enough, god pls help me.

I can empthaise with you as I'm in a similar situation right now and it's horrid.

Have you got a GP or psych that you trust enough to share this with?

If you ever want a chat, you can pm me anytime.

Take care x

May I suggest that you buy clothes in different sizes? a size bigger than you are. If you wear a size bigger than you are, your head thinks you have not put on any weight, the trick maybe that you need your head to think you haven't gained weight, and remember sometimes it is not always that we have gained weight, but that we carry more fluid, and that bloats us.

Smoking weed on a regular basis is going to make you more paranoid in the long run and more depressed, have you spoke to someone about reducing the amount you smoke, maybe tried to cut down, or even had a day when you didn't smoke any at all.

Have you sometimes ever thought that it is the weed that is thinking for you?

I don't know if it does, but doesn't that stuff make you hungry? If it does then if you could come off it, you might find you aren't so hungry, and you don't eat as much. Is it worth a try you think maybe trying to stop smoking it?

Archived