Mental Health Forums

What Advice Would You Give To Yourself?

Dani

Sometimes we are great at giving advice but not taking it!i should listen to myself sometimes and follow my own advice.

id tell myself to get a grip...move forward and concentrate on what i have.

.....id also give myself a good slap ...but thats another story :) ...

id say to myself - you are worthy of love and attention and support

(cos that is the main thing i tell my friends and cant accept when they say it back at me)

Good Thread BTW ;)

There is no point in giving myself any advice.

If I had any advice to myself that was worth giving, I'd have given it to myself and acted on it by now.

Advice I would give myself?

Think before you move those digits bird, and don't text/email a load of old bollox without thinking first!

Actions have consequences, and think of those.

you have given good advice to others though...

I do it a lot less now. My words seem hollow. I can't make myself better.

Theres lots of things that SOUND good, its just in practice they seem to make no difference.

Data

You do give good advice, and it does not just sound good it is good.

I wish that my words would sink in, but I know it is hard for you to accept any form of praise but you should.

Hey -

It is a good thread -

Advice I would give myself would be to remind myself I am not

where I want to be, but I am sure as hell not where I used to be!

Progress may happen slowly at times, but if you keep moving

forward thats all that matters.

March

To me,

Well, if its going to happen its going to happen.... go out there and have fun, live wot u got left to the full....be yourself and feel no shame for it. Your not a bad person just do bad things sometimes......move on... the past is a concept, the future is a concept....live in the NOW.

xxx

Jinxta, you got there before me!! Was about to say, I try to remind myself that the future doesn't exist yet and the past has gone, all I have is now, nothing is hurting (phsyically) I can breathe, I'm not hungry, my loved ones are safe (now) and that when I can go into my mind there are places that are untouched, unhurt and still full of love and hope (thanks to Dr kabat-zinn!!)

• 3 weeks later...

You can't go back in time so forgive the past and move on.

Nothing falls into place on it's own. Be proactive and make things happen.

The mind, body and spirit are the only things one can truly influence so look after yourself.

Negativity is self fulfilling so keep that chin up.

Much worse things have happened to much better people. Use humility rather than envy, it's much more virtuous and fulfilling.

Never be caught napping when you have the opportunity to give life a good crack. Otherwise, life will crack you a lot effing harder.

Listen to one's own sodding advice!!!

Good thread by the way:)

what i would tell myself: the friends that have treated me like crap, when all i have done is be there for them are not true friends. stop waiting my time and energy worrying about what i may have done wrong. it is not me it is them.

Advice I would give myself now would be to look forward until next weekend when we (hopefully) will be going to counseling and we will receive a new game in the mail. Oh yeah and I should also write down the things I want to bring up while at the counselor's.

Advice I would give myself a week from now would be to ask about the friend situation while I am the counsellors. who knows, maybe they will be able to tell me it will be ok.

Advice I would give my past self would be to get a driver's license.

Archived