Mental Health Forums

How A Borderline Personality Disorder Love Relationship Evolves

anastasia

...sounds like something my ex would write, to be honest.

..any one of them, actually! ;)

It's just the kind of stereotypical bullshit you'd expect to hear from someone who has been on the 'wrong/bad' side of us 'Borderlines'.

Pay no attention hun, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean we have to accept any certain persons opinion as gospel. Not by a long shot.

Keep your chin up darl.

xxx

CAUTION MAY TRIGGER

BPD relationships

This was posted in one of my online / facebook groups and i read it just now. and OMG it's me. seriously. whether i do it conciously or not i can see these patterns in my relationships.

that makes me evil

No it doesnt make you evil. Im 23 and have just recently been diagnosed with BPD, im trying to do my research as i have no idea about this condition. That article was an eye opener. Makes me feel strange as i notice patterns too, makes me feel kinda sad.

Data

Am allowed an opinion, that was my opinion.

There is a difference between an opinion and a fact.

An opinion is like "I feel this" or "I think this" or "I guess this".

A fact is "this happened" or "he said this" or "he did this".

"It's a guy been dumped by someone with BPD, it's a guy, who is enraged that he has been furked off and he is bitter as hell." is statement of fact, and its a fact unsupported by any evidence. If he is married, how do you think his wife would feel if she read this?

the man who wrote the article did not state what he wrote was just an opinion and so leads ppl to believe what he says about bpd women is a statement of fact and not even about one peron or even some bpd women but all bpd women. I'm sure his statements of 'fact' are far more damaging and demoralising than those made by ppl with mental health problems who his wife will most likely see in a similar poor light as her husband and so pay no notice.

Not to mention that his statements are from a professional with good reputation, who do you thin will get more attention paid to what they state as truth?

Archived