Mental Health Forums

Chat

Paris

i don;t really know any of you, but i do think it's great that this has been brought up, even for a MH forum it can be really difficult for people to handle other people "acting out" and actually displaying signs of their mental health issues. I totally understand why Paris started this topic as i think i would have done the same and it seems to hav brought other people to say that actually they find it very difficult to deal with how Paris portrays her illness both in chat and on the message boards. And then some have said they rightly protect themselves by getting out when they think they should.

Paris agression is a symptom of her illness and whilst it probably shoudlnt' be encouraged as a "good" behaviour, it is good that she's so open and honest about it and maybe as a group we miss the guidance of a group therapy leader, who perhaps would remind us all that if Paris is behaving like this, maybe it's because Paris feels x,y or z ~ lets help her out and find out way / what etc etc.

hope you don't mind me sticking my oar in Paris, and really hope that everyones replies have made you not feel quite so, well I'm not sure what but i don't think it was a good feeling you started this with.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to put a quick note about triggers if ok

as someone who has multipul and complicated triggers (that trigger of fbs and mems mostly and heaps of dissociation, not si) i need to sometimes stayd away from triggers and protect myself, which i dotn allways do so well. so i understand people say keeping their distance a bit cause of a trigger, thats a sensible and responsible thing to do. but to say that so and so is triggering feels like the blame is being put on someone else, which is unfair, cause its not someones fault someone else is triggered, unless they are intentionally using something thye know about that person too trigger them which is out of order, which i absolutely do not believe paris is. so i kinda feel i agree with sophee here, im not dismissing that people may feel highly triggered at times, but theres a huge difference between saying i feel triggered, i need to take care of myself and saying you are triggering me, im leaving because of you and how you trigger me. although i compleately understand if people feel powerless in the face of someone elses pain, and feel helpless in light of that

for the sake of mh and general well being, people can not spend all their time second guessing themselves just incase it triggers someone else, that would make life bloody impossible and be v unhealthy

I agree with roxy.

Also i don't believe it is rude to not say goodbye if you have been triggered, sometimes you just want to get the hell out before more is said and close computer lid down. i have done that but don't feel guilty about it. If i feel triggered no body is to blame, but i need to go away and deal with those feelings in my own way

Ruthie

x

i just want to say i admit my faults and how have been behaving recently im sorry for that

i think thats all i need to say and i hope the gossiping will stop and if people still have issues with me please let me know, its just quite hurtful when you hear these things from elsewhere (data do not take this personally!!)

I havent read all the posts, basically coz im pissed...but all i wanna say is; this is a mental heslth forum... if im not wrong is kept going by the mentally ill... its not a sit run by psychiatrists, psychologists or therapists... so there will be conflict and things that people find upsetting... u cant have it all...this is an honesty site 4me, wot i say or do may be offensive (though that does not mean excusable), but honest as in i can say how i feel and get real opinions.....we are not here to cater for others needs constantly but to seek some solace ourselves.

xxxxxxx

Archived