Mental Health Forums

Gonna Have A Fight On My Hands

anastasia

the last few weeks have been chaos for me.

the citralopam was reduced from 20mg to 10mg a week ago now by my gp cos i was manic when i saw him. it didn't stop it. so i called the cmht who said to call my gp and get him to call the psych's cover. he did. yesterday he told me to stop taking them. today he says they dont want me to stop taking them. well i REFUSE

i actually refuse to take them.

when it's just me bouncing it's ine. when it's me opening my mouth and being told by my boss that i'm being confrontational with people and risking my job because of how i'm acting then it's a fuckin issue. i'm so mad at him right now. i liked my gp. now i need to find a new one cos i dont want to see him again at all.

anyway, work have been wonderful and i have health cover so they've organised me a psych appointment for christmas eve at 2pm. great you'd think.

i googled my consultant - i actually see the consultant this time rather than the stand in or whoever i saw last time that's left - and it's the same guy my gp spoke to today. how great! I'm gonna have a damn fight on my hands now i can see it.

i'll refuse to take the citralopam if they wont give me anything else. i'll just point blank refuse. what's the worst thing they can do? i refuse. i just wont take it. i will not risk my damn job for a med that probably won't work anyway. what's the point? if they just send me manic why would i want to take them?

my gp says "Its important to keep one consultant" and i pointed out that the guy i'm seeing works for the nhs and is just in the same department. i failed to point out that i'd not ACTUALLY seen the stupid woman in the first place and the woman i did see has actually left now anyway so i'd have been shunted around anyway which is likely why no one has had a copy of anything that was said in that meeting anyway.

but it makes me wonder what the point is? no one's gonna do anything to stop my mind from racing. to help me to feel stable and level and have a normal life.

they want me to take the pills? I'll take them. all of them. and trust me, i have many having had 2 prescriptions in 2 weeks. i dont give a fuck anymore.

hi, i am on citalapram again, and they not doing much for me either, my mood swings are terrible.

i totally get where you coming from. there are loads more meds out there, it may take a while to find one that suits, but perserver, tell them what you want, but try and be calm, maybe write down how the citalapram are making you feel, put it into contect, i find when i go see the shrink, if i am in a hyper mood, i cant get my point across very well, and if i am in a low mood, i can talk at all.

hope it goes well

I took Citalopram for over four years, doses ranging from 60mg to 30mg, never 10mg, not sure that that doseage would even work. I never had a mental health team, just the quack.

Maybe the reason my depression lasted so long was because the pills were crap! Taking something else now but the doseage is 150mg.

If they are not working then you clearly should not be taking them and they should try something else.

i was put on to 20mg 3 weeks ago and after 2 days up and down went what my gp described as "manic" (i have a query bipolar dx) so he reduced it to see if it would help. it didn't. i was less bad but still hypomanic.

anti depressants prescribed as stand alone medication in bipolars is well known to cause mania! If u have bipolar and doctor thinks u need citalopram he needs to prescribe a mood stabiliser or anti psychotic alongsode it, sich as abilify or risperdal.

I'm not dx bipolar but ki can't handle ad's withoout a mood stabiliser.

right girley i can here you screaming and the revolutions of the mind going round,

my last job i punched the fuck out of the chinese man, and put his

limp body in the cool room, he was just a smart arse for 3months,

so i put an end to it, my med is efexor-xr150 per day= it gave me my life back;

why i told you about the voilence, is because it never goes away until you get the right meds, get in there and tell how it fucken is, stop them experimenting with you,

playing with you,

these people are experts in their field, well why don;t they show it;

gavin

Archived