Mental Health Forums

How Do I Know If I Have Bpd?

manja

your fiance should want to stay with you / your son whether or not you have a dx for anything. you can learn to live different / change your thoughts without needing a dx. i have the dx and it's made little difference to me thus far as i still have no therapy / support.

all i can honestly suggest is that you take what you have written here and give it to your gp

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really sorry you feel attacked on here. i can relate to a lot of what you say so I'm sorry if i came across that way. I'm glad you have doctors appointment. Good luck. will be thinking of you

Ruthie

x

Wow. I haven't been able to get on here for a while, and was surprised to log in and see 52 replies - I should have known it would be too good to be true, as it was mostly just people arguing among themselves.

Thanks, though, to Wobbles, and those who actually did try to help.

Oh and to clarify, with regards my attempts not being frantic enough, they felt pretty frantic to me, not even confronting the person I knew was cheating on me, sitting there with him pretending everything was fine. And I could tell you much greater examples, but that one, at the time of writing, seemed the most relevant to me. Don't worry, I also have done the things like indicating to an ex that I was suicidal after they dumped me, indicating I might be pregnant etc.

And I might be completely off the mark, but would it not be true that for those who act-in rather than act-out, that their attempts would be less frantic.

I don't know. Anyway, thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

I assumed the 29th was a monday because I booked it on wed afternoon. my mistake.

You just seem to be having a dig at me for wanting an answer to what the hell is slowly destroying all the good things in my life. Im not stupid, my mam had bi-polar, manic depression whatever you wanna call it. My dad had mega anger issues before he fucked off. I know what it is like only I know it from a scared little childs point of view which I believe has made me the way I am.

I havent dont an online test that was the other person in this thread, my boyfriend at his wits end (after I had pushed the wardrobe in front of my door through paranoia that he and my son were pushing me to go to hospital) typed in some of the main symptoms of what I display and bpd came up. We have together researched it, and have come to a conclusion that I display a lot of the traits of it and could possibly have the disorder. We have also held on to the hope that its all treatable. Last thing I want to be like is my mother but for my son to not end up like me I need to face up to facts. I will come across as normal I'm fantastic at putting on a mask, its my job but even now whilst i type this I have this feeling of dread, of a feeling I cant explain and that I need to constantly justify myself even though I should not give a flying fuck what you think. I might be putting all my hopes on having a name for it, but so what, at least I'm trying to sort it out.

I already answered about 5 times how it would make a difference to have something to hold on to, anything! It would give the reason for my fiance to stay with my son. He would have hope that I will be able to overcome these traits or whatever and learn to handle life differently. If there is no reason why I do these horrible things or why I break down nearly daily over the littlest things then he will take my son and leave because it means I am just a nasty piece of work with an emotionally unstable mind and a self righteous attitude. How can i give him the life he deserves?

I understand your feelings, as I have spent 20 years dealing with my own similar feelings. However, I would say that you have a new little life to focus on. Use your son to focus your energies away from yourself (if at all possible). Making a better life for your son will make you feel better about yourself. I would also like to say that you are very young. Even if you do have BPD, rest assured that in time and with age it does get better and you will feel more able to cope. Like I said, focus on your son and don't for one minute question yourself as a mother, he doesn't, he will love you unconditionally.

As for staying with a cheating partner, even though I have BPD, there is no way I would stay with a cheater. He'd be shown the door sharpish. I'd rather be on my own!

Take care and I hope everything works out well for you and your family. Have faith. xx

Crikey, I hadn't read this topic until today, I'm surprised Manja or Gaynor haven't left the site!!

Manja ~ are you still here and how are things going for you?

Love

Kazza

xxx

i see you're in leeds - their cmht is generally quite good - i'm from bradford originally haing just moved to derbyshire and so can vouch for them. but most cmht's / psychs are difficult to get to see unless you have been / are in crisis.

It seems most of the CMHT in this area are pretty good. Im also just outside Bradford and I have mostly good things to say about the support and care I have received.

I am in Leeds and have been happy with the support I have received. However, I had to wait about 12 months for therapy. Normal therapy has not been successful, and my therapist is now going to send me to dialectical behaviour therapy, which I am hoping will help.

Hey guys sorry I havent been on Its exam and assignment time!

GP was as expected. Put me on the list to see the mental health team offered me anti depressants blah blah blah. I spoke to my counsellor about it and she has changed her techniques with me to see if we can try to ease off the parts that are affecting my immediate life.

Will see how it goes. I understand more now that this is not just going to be better straight away and I am in a lot better shape and circumstances than a lot of people. Bring on 2010!

Hi gaynor,

How're the exams and stuff going for you?? Might be nice to start a new topic for yourself and let us know what's going on at the moment? Well actualy it'll be nice for me, dunno if it'll be nice for you but worht a shot!

Hurrah indeed for 2010!!

Love

Kazza

xxx

Hi gaynor,

How're the exams and stuff going for you?? Might be nice to start a new topic for yourself and let us know what's going on at the moment? Well actualy it'll be nice for me, dunno if it'll be nice for you but worht a shot!

Hurrah indeed for 2010!!

Love

Kazza

xxx

Heya exams went great thanks for asking :) I feel confident I did well and also the 3000 word essay I handed in about employee behaviours and personality was really good too.

Luckily when I get in the zone I can do really well. I just wish I could deal with personal things as well! im not doing so well in that :(

How are you? xxx

Hey babe,

Glad to hear it went well, good work hurrah for you!!...

I'm hanging on alright actually, a little bit in remission of late which I'm enjoying.

What's going on for you personally at the moment then lovely? Anything in particular?

xxx

Archived