Mental Health Forums

An Album I'm Releasing

boobsticle

This album is mostly about my experiences with BPD and how I've suffered with it. I don't really know if it's any good :lol: but feel free to have a listen and comment on how terrible/alright it is. It's pretty dark, and the genre is floating somewhere around post-rock, post-hardcore and metal, I think.

This is the bio from the MySpace that my record manager wrote, I think it sounds pretentious but it might give you a better idea of what kind of music this is.

ThisDayWeDie made their début in the bleak winter of 2008, after its core members spent months struggling with the inadequacy and failure of their labours, before giving into their loathing and throwing their souls into Regression. Their music explores depths of personal destruction and despair, resulting in a uniquely desolate, macabre sound. The dysphoria with which the music is based around is intensified by the coalescence of apocalyptic atmosphere and dark progressive, and is suffused with haunting vocals, industrial undertones and pounding rhythms.

Hope you like :\

Download link

If that one doesn't work, use this

Sorry if this is breaking any rules :/

• 2 weeks later...

heya, just wanted to say, i don't often check the creative corner section, as i often find a lot of it quite triggering, but seeing this has got me quite intrigued now! Have just ran a bath, so gunna jump in that, but when i'm back i'm defo gunna check this out.

Crip xx

Oh cool, well I hope you like it :)

I don't really think it could trigger so I didn't say that, but please let me know if you think there's a possibility.

:wub: Found the page on myspace, and i really, really love Drifting. :wub: Am listening through the others now while i wait for that download to finish.

Have got shivers!

=) I really like it. thankyou so much for sharing. xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hiya

im downloading the link now. will listen too as stuffing skip full of rubbish all day tommorrow, so i can try minimalist feng shui living! i am cleaning it all out and rehoming/ getting rid of anthing that reminds me of anyone bad, and the xmas tree in the attic...all the bad memory stuff.

then i have a nice new canvas for the nick new me.

i never knew you were a real rock chick...thats cool!

lots n lots of luck, when you come on tour of ireland can i go? cool.gif

take care, anne marie x

downloading as we speak...i dont check out the creative section much either, mainly because music is my thing and it doesnt crop up in this bit too often! do u have a myspace or facebook page for the band though....i have a real triggery thing with bebo :(

update: liking your stuff! "these wrists" is an especially good track imo....can u PM me the lyrics please? if you ever tour scotland, ill be there in the front row :)

Here's the Myspace URL :) http://www.myspace.com/thisdaywedie

Funny, the two places mentioned so far are the places that, should we tour, we would go to because I live in N. Ireland and study in Aberdeen :lol:

thanks for the new link......might explain alot as i think ive been listening to the wrong band!!!!! pmsl!!! im downloading as we speak and ill pop back to give an opinion! i love the avatar too btw.....guys with long hair always do it for me! :D lol! x

didnt even notice it was dave gilmour! my eyesight needs testing! pmsl! slash is my fave "sleazy" player, with mark knopfler as the technical player :) ive been listening to fourteen twentysix! :$ lol

okies, had a wee listen to the right band this time! lol! really liking "downfall".......would i be right in guessing theres a bit of type o negative influence in your songs? i used to love that band, and listening to the album reminded me quite a bit of them.

I've actually never heard of them :lol: we get compared with a lot of bands I've never listened to or heard of, I'll have a listen to them. Glad you liked :)

guess im just showing my age then! lmao!!!! this is a link for "wolf moon" which was my fave track as it kinda covers all the bases lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew9Rb1BrMAU

It's not really my kinda music but I see the similarity, though if you like that kind of music, you might like a band called The Angelic Process, they're a definite influence in some of our songs, but they're a lot darker than Type O Negative.

Sec, I'll find you a download link

Here you go :)

angelic process is quite cool. tbh, im not really a "dark" kinda person......i was about 15 years ago though! lol! im more into happy depressive stuff like buckcherry and early everclear...im growing old disgracefully! pmsl! x

Archived