Mental Health Forums

Sending Hate Mail

<Sophie>

someone from this site is sending hatemail and gossip about one of my friends and including links to this site. You know who you are and you make me sick. I thought it was confidential here?

Soph

agreed, hate mail is not nice and just out of order, regardless of who it is about or who it is to. I know how it feels to be on receiving end and I wanted everyone to know what I thought about it and how hurt I was, so I hope this person can be named so they don't get away with it.

I agree, report the abuse. We like to keep this site free from anything like that. Josh, the site owner, I am sure, would want this site to be a safe place for people to come for support, there is no place for abuse.

Yes this should be reported and deal with as it could also happen to other members less able to speak out. There is no need for hate mail and it should be stopped straight away.

Is this happening on this site, or on another site?

The User Agreement clearly states not to post anything that you would not want others who view the internet to see.

You say it is someone from this site but is it? or is it someone who knows your friend and knows she posts here?

It was the one that is unique sending an email to Lavender and Queen about someone who isn't a member here including links to this site. God knows who else he has sent it too I don't think he should be sending stuff with links to a confidential site on.

Soph

This site is not confidential.

It may well be that someone is telling other people about it because they might need it.

So therefore advising them to become a member.

The Terms of Use clearly state do not post anything you would not want the world wide web to be able to see.

Am sorry but without irrefutable proof of what you say actually happened happened then you cannot mention a members name, may I please ask you edit your post and remove the members name who you said the mail came from.

I think it says in the rules to settle your disputes in private.

Just checked and yes, number 3 in the terms of use states that personal disputes should be dealt with in private such as pms or submitting a ticket.

Great now am super paranoid that I'm the one being slagged off, I know you said it not about someone on this site, but I don't get how it's hate mail by what you said, or why he'd be posting links to this site if it was not relating to someone on the site!

I think if bitching is to be done...its best doen PRIVATELY between the persons concerned and not on here where others are all ready in a state of paranoia!!

It was Data sending an email to Lavender and Queen about someone who isn't a member here including links to this site. God knows who else he has sent it too I don't think he should be sending stuff with links to a confidential site on.

I did send an email, a private email, to my friends Lavender and Queenbee.

The email was about Fairy, who sent homophobic abuse to Lavender.

The email was saying that I no longer wished to speak to Fairy because I cannot have homophobes and bullies amongst my friends.

Fairy no longer uses that name here, but I know she is still on the site, using another name.

So tell me, Sophie, how do you 'know' Fairy ;) ?

I only sent an email to Queenbee and Lavender.

Oh, and one of the moderators here... who I trust.

It has nothing to do with Cynic, Sophie/Fairy.

If this is about Lavender, Data, QueenBee and Fairy, why are 'our' posts been sent round Sophhee? Are my posts being sent round? Just asking cuz you said our posts are being sent round.

okay so why have talk depression members got emails with links to this site on it from you? why are you blackmailing people about facebook?

sophie if you have an issue with a member on here can i suggest you deal with it privatley or if it concerns the site

submit a ticket or report the member instead of bringing your issue onto the forums please.

Archived