Mental Health Forums

First Time With Paint Software

Sammy

Ok so this is my life journey, and of course it is incomplete and will remain so as we never know what the future holds, however I would like to believe as the picture shows that my darkest hour is behind me and that should I manage to make my way over the hazzards, across the bridge and up the steep inclined road, I will make it to that straight, easy, level road with the clear skies and the sun shining. I believe behind me is the dark I went through and leaving a poor childhood and bad religion behind - hence the cross at the start of the journey, and the road seemed straightforwards, though dark at first, so I couldn't see my footing and slipped off the cliff into the waves below, somehow, I don't know how I managed to climb back up to the other side of that broken bridge, the stormy depths are still below me, which could be easy to fall into, but hopefully I can make it all the way back up. If I do fall I will either make it back up to the bridge again or I may drown or I may make it to that cave to rest a while before trying again. You can also see there is a clear fresh watererfall tumbling down the other side, which if need be could help recuperate me and help me on my way if I need it.

I'm hoping people can now interpret what I've said above together with the picture to get the meaning behind it.

Thats really cool lick. I have done art therapy but I can't draw anything like that on the comp or on paper. lol. I look forward to the next installment of the person in the pic. Do they climb up or fall in? Or will it be something different next time? :)

I posted at the same time as you. That is a good explaination. I didn't want to ask if it was you or not. It just shows that a pic can say alot. Hope it helped draw and writting it.

Oh and also, if I were to fall back into the stormy waters and managed to make it to the cave, then as you can see it would be darker than the darkest hour, there is no glimmer of the stars above to afford me any glimmer of light, nor the stormy night sky lit with lightening and stars, nor the bright but cloudy sky, nor the bright sunlit clear sky. I may think this is it, no way out, no light, no hope and then I will either stay there to starve and die or jump back into the stormy waters, again where I may drown or fight to get back up to the bridge and carry on. In that dark cave all I can go by is hope and faith that there is light somewhere and not give up because of my previous failures and falls, to accept that it's going to be hard and to take a risk to jump back into the waters ready for the fight ahead of me. As soon as I give up that hope and faith it will be over.

I guess as long as we are alive, no matter how far along that journey we are, there is always light at the end of the road, whether we're on our way there safe and sound, on an uphill struggle, battling through stormy water, trying to get our foothold, pull ourselves back up, in the darkest cave with only the storm in front of us or at the start in the dark and blind to what lies ahead. There is always light up ahead untill we choose to give up or die.

Oh and the broke bridge, representing relationships broken in tatters, that perhaps played their own part in making the journey so difficult, but that sometimes we can't repair those bridges but that doesn't mean we can't find another way over or around the hazzards ahead, that we can't climb out of the waters, that somehow perhaps by miracle we can still get to the other side. meh i'm getting way too philosophical now. I guess this picture is trying to represent it all, all my past, my failures, my hurts and suffering, the fear, the struggle, the fight, the hopes and dreams, the nightmares, the loves and losses, the pitfalls and risks and dangers and the feeling of being alone through it all.

I couldn't get it all in there, wasn't sure how to represent trust at the end, as I still hope that is something that is in the future for me and I wasn't sure how to represent the detachment from reality or distance from others that I feel on a daily basis, the feeling that although I meet others and interact that it is not solid and feels so ethereal to me, the advice and support that some give that still feels so distant from me, yet held in my heart with hope of being able to connect to it in the future and put it in use.

It's getting to me that these things are missing from the picture, as not only am I unsure what visually could represent these things, I also don't want the picture to get too cluttered, even though I think my thoughts and brain and life are cluttered. I also feel there have been far more hazards, the roads and journey is longer than depicted and more complex than I can put onto paper.

Then of course there is my own self criticism, I hate how childlike the picture is and I dunno, clumsy but again I suppose this in itself could represent my own life, due to my dyspraxia and how disorganised and chaotic my life and thoughts are? Just all seems very crude and unsophisticated.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thoguht art was meant to be therapeutic? I am now majorly ocd, wont sleep tonight and going to go fucking insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane!

And now I wish I had done that picture with a rainbow at the top arcing over the entire picture, start at the start of the journey, end at the end of the journey! Cuz that been my life philosophy and symbolism for rainbows and following it to the end, I even got that tattoo on my neck to represent it! And I could have had a little pot of gold at the end bursting out with light and love and trust and peace etc..... oh ffs brain shut the f up!

*TRIGGER*

Who did this?

whodidthis-1.png

I don't know who did that (whatever it is).

But just wanted to say that I love the thought that goes behind this picture. They say a picture can tell a thousand words and I think your picture has topped 1001! Brilliant. There's so many things to be taken from it. I hope you reach the blue skies 'Like Me', I really do.

Thanx for sharing

x

DOH!!

Sorry @Like Me' I'm quite inept at the moment, I thought you were asking a question.

Thanks,I'd settle for a silvery moon though.

x

Archived