Mental Health Forums

Laxatives?

postures

Has anyone had an issue with those?

I'm almost over my addiction to them due to my body image stabilising but sometimes I get weak and turn to them again :(

O used to abuse laxatives

It only takes fluid and nuitients from ur body.

By the time ur laxative has worked, ur stoumach and upper bowl would of absorbed all it can get from food. So all u are losing is fluid and nuritents if case is.

Laxatives just wash out the big bowl, doesnt stop any food being absorbed. Hense bulimics like me or was, is normal weight.

All ur doing is causing inbalence of hormones, chemicals, metels, allsorts in ur body. That is the danger.

seek help, this is not the way to try and lose weight, or sort out ur feelings or emotions.

I used to take laxatives, but no longer do.

I liked being empty & clean.

&the pain.

&the nausea.

It helped with the cravings & hunger.

But that was when I was very ill with my Eating Disorders(both Bulimia & Anorexia.)

I'm now recovering.(on & off, but mostly on.)

i have, gave my self such a bad stomach ake, iv never felt pain like it. iv never od'd like it since, but have still taken it to be empty. iv started purging aswell now its the only way i can get away with it. i so badly want to stop but its so difficult. just try your hardest to not think about them, thats the only way i can think of. good luck to you all!

I've just started abusing them again, a road I've tried so hard not to go down but have, yet again.

Please make sure you're hydrated when you take them, that's all I can say really..

Take good care of you x x

I think what the ed experts usually mean by laxative abuse it's when you take more than the recommended dosage, usually on a regular basis.

Which is a bit annoying because when I look at laxative usage in relation to ed issues, I can't find anything relevant to me, because for me I restrict my food intake to the point that my guts don't work as well, or fast enough, so I need to take laxatives about 3 times a week, and I've done this for about 2 years non-stop. Is that laxative abuse too?

It wouldnt say thats laxative abuse wordsmithy, but laxative dependent. For me i will take it when i feel i have too much food inside of me and usually 6-8 times the usual dose. But because I've done it for so long and mostly restrict, I've become pretty much dependent on them too.

Been there...done that...

Now have problems with my bowels and waterworks, and am too embarrased to go to the GP because I never told anyone that I used laxatives. I never knew back then how dangerous it was, and the damage it could do, but it is like an addiction, even the stomach cramps and everything. I may hate feeling "full" but I just can't touch them, not even if I medically/legitimately needed them cos I just couldn't handle feeling those things again.

good luck

HEY!!

I take laxatives daily at the moment which is a good thing compared to previously - ive gone down from bout 5 to about 3 a day and i was taking water pills and diet pills and purging in the other ways as well - and i ended up in hospital. At the moment im on a waiting list for psyc support for the bulimia - which is about 10 months long. I find it difficult to believe sometimes that ive got an ed because im a normal weight and always have been although fucking up my teeth is probably a major indicator for it i suppose.

xx

I have problems with my digestive system because of it and now have to take omeprazole every day to stop reflux - defo not a good thing to do if you can help it and well done for trying not to take them

xx take care and always here to talk if you need it. xx

Archived