Mental Health Forums

Goin Into The Outside World!

hummm_mabbe

Hi

Well I have been putting it off for as long as I could. Been sort of a recluse for a couple of years, and slowly got to point in therapy where I have to take things live as it were. The easiest thing to do, and the thing ive wanted to get back into, is to go to a nearby martial arts class (Muay Thai if anyone wants to know :) ), so Ive booked meself onto one on Wednesday eve.

Im not too worried about learning the art itself as Ive done bits of it in the past and the first session wont go over too much - its more the people, you know, those things with mouths and ears and eyes and stuff.

I know my patterns, I know the things that tend to trigger me off, the kind of people I have a hair trigger for ... I know most of the behaviours in the past that have tended to get me into trouble. But thats only preparation for really going in and feeling all those feelings and stuff :unsure:

But anyway, gotta be done. Mabbe I will book meself on an art class or a language course too, something calmer as well, see how it goes and things.

Wish me luck, a small part of me is looing forward to it, plus I have therapy tomorrow too hurray

Ross

Thank you everyone :)

Ja Dani, der BPD World leuten sind sehr .. um .. lieblingey

OK ive forgotten tons lol

Thankfully the martial arts class is in the evening, mornings are absolute shit for me

Ross

Best of luck for Wednesday, you are a good friend and I wish you all the best. Sorry, French and Spanish I can just about remember some basics but all I can remember in German is... ist heir in de neir eine toilette bitte?? or summit like that LOL I can ask for the Station too if that's any help "banhaus" so I can wee and get transport YAY!

Lots of huggles and bunny fluffity coming your way xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Roses

Taaaaa lol yus there is a toilet near here, its in the railway station so its all good lol

Will be sure to come back to this thread and say how it went, there will prolly be some iffy things for me cuz those are my patterns and stuff, Im not expectin it to be perfect or nowt - in fact I think it would be best if it werent perfect cuz then i got more to work with and that lol

Anyways, some part of me feels happy I am finally making a move, have been getting really frustrated lately and things.

Ta for fluffits lol

Ross

gutten tag ross ich habba eina scwester und eina bruder....

i did german too :)

Hey me too-but i didn't study german!!!! Ich bin dreitzhein-that shows how long ago it was!!! It was only one term

Good luck mabbe hun

ruthie

x

Hey Rossles,

I think the martial arts and the art/language courses are a great idea!!

They aren't team sports, so the rest of the class aren't dependent on you being there each week, you don't HAVE to commit to people, you can chat if you want after class, or not if you don't want.

And you can get a feel for the people you think you might like to get to know better without over committing yourself too soon.

Good luck you spunkrat, and do let us know how you get on.

xx

Hey Rossles,

I think the martial arts and the art/language courses are a great idea!!

They aren't team sports, so the rest of the class aren't dependent on you being there each week, you don't HAVE to commit to people, you can chat if you want after class, or not if you don't want.

And you can get a feel for the people you think you might like to get to know better without over committing yourself too soon.

Good luck you spunkrat, and do let us know how you get on.

xx

Hi Wobbles

Fankoooooooo yus I hope it goes well, but im just tryin as you say to be non-comittal, dont expect too much and stuff, and yes picked stuff that wouldnt be too intense. Im going to just start with the martial arts, may do language stuff later dunno.

**looks worried about word 'spunkrat' **

**decides the two words taken together, in oz, are presumably a compliment** :lol:

Ross

:lol: :lol:

you make me laugh!

wobbles...spunkrat...please explain so i can use that word!lol.

ros...i know spunky is a good word in oz so i think its ok :D

:D

Yes, spunkrat is aussie and defo compliment.

Means: (tries to think how to explain without embarrassing myself and Ross)

Good looking, very cool person.

:unsure:

Archived