Mental Health Forums

New Staff Avatars

Villan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks at last someone sees I AM being helpful.

but I do think your administration one might be misleading though :S

maybe you could do one for all of us who arent staff, something fitting like........"Sheep"

Actually thats probably a Baaahhaaaaaad idea :P

Just messing :D

Hmmm this thread was opened so people could discuss their feelings about the new STAFF avatars though and a discussion is what is taking place. Personally I think it sucks and I hate them. It reeks of hospital uniforms and 'them and us' from my psyche ward days and is completely un-necessary. A lot of hospitals have gone to plain clothing for those working on MH units now and I think it is totally insulting to say it makes it clearer when it was already as clear as day who was who as they had the words and a different colour to describe them underneath their Avatar. But who the hell listens to me anyways I'm just a stuck up, haughty bitch to most of you. But these Avatars are a bad choice.

thank yuo roses for puttin it better than i did..... and as some of the mods themselves feel uncomfortable about using them maybe we can have a rethink.......

still wanna know WHY tho - i see lily reading this thread - wanna share please....?

But who the hell listens to me anyways I'm just a stuck up, haughty bitch to most of you. But these Avatars are a bad choice.

:( I like you and Im listening but I have to nip off and google the meaning of Haughty (Im so thick lol)

So.. to stay back on topic.. what is people's main objection?

Do we think that there should not be a staff avatar?

Or... do we think that there should be a staff avatar, just a less harsh one?

Hi all,the staff avatars I will explain,we feel it gives a more unified look and in one glance you can find the staff posts now.

Did certainly not mean to insult you guys intelligence but not everybody is familiar with forums and moderators and such so for some new people it would make things clearer.

I agree its very in your face,it was the only thing I could find that suited,we havediscussed changing the color but I have been told this is very hard to do?

I agree Sophie had a good idea however we want it to say staff.Suggestion for something less harsh are most welcome though,feel to post suggestions as in actual pics we can use.

Lilly

sorry I agreeeee to they suck! chips and Roses Got it down the a T. well said peeps

EDITED: how about a bit small and just not sooo wow in ya face!

That it from me :o)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

still NOT explained WHY we need to see staff posts clearly

US and THEM springs to mind - police state anyone.............

NEW people are already instructed to read the rules etc - maybe jus add a line in there sayin who is catagorised as staff if that is your reason

Like being back at bloody school - treat me like i am 6 and i will start acting like i am...

Hi all,the staff avatars I will explain,we feel it gives a more unified look and in one glance you can find the staff posts now.

Did certainly not mean to insult you guys intelligence but not everybody is familiar with forums and moderators and such so for some new people it would make things clearer.

I agree its very in your face,it was the only thing I could find that suited,we havediscussed changing the color but I have been told this is very hard to do?

I agree Sophie had a good idea however we want it to say staff.Suggestion for something less harsh are most welcome though,feel to post suggestions as in actual pics we can use.

Lilly

cant you make your own? i mean, it's not difficult, it doesn't have to be so in your face and over the top!

Suggestion for something less harsh are most welcome though,feel to post suggestions as in actual pics we can use.

How about this:

i so WANNA join in avatar wars with all of you

but i SOOOOOOOOO LOVE my spinny one....

sorry

i am there in spirit...

Thing is it's not a war cos they are staff and we are not and at the end of the day will do what they want. Perhaps it would be better to start a poll thread and get some hard figures to present to the 'Staff' people..... yes 'them and us' is up and running now in my mind.

Certainly not meant as us and them kinda thing in fact orginally I asked to use simple BPDworld logo not even say staff but for legal reasons we cannot do this.

It makes it easier for supervisors like me to check up on staff actions just to name a point.

Lilly

Thing is it's not a war cos they are staff and we are not and at the end of the day will do what they want. Perhaps it would be better to start a poll thread and get some hard figures to present to the 'Staff' people..... yes 'them and us' is up and running now in my mind.

True hun.... but dunno how to do poll things tho....

*capitulates to the mighty admin as objection is futile*

Archived