Mental Health Forums

***citalopram Withdrawals***

Crackers

Sorry, I know there is already a topic on this but mine is a little different.

I've gone cold turkey, from 30mg to nothing, because I haven't been able to renew my prescription, and I can't really afford to pay for a new one.

This is horrific, I'm trying to revise for Uni exams but I can't cos I am so spaced out.

I can't cope with this, and the campus doctors is shut at the weekends.

I feel like I am on another planet and the mania is really disrupting things, the depersonalisation is horrific too.

I keep thinking that [those with OCD will apppreciate how ridiculously hard this is going to be for me to type] I'm having a heart attack, my chest feels like it is jumped on and my shoulder aches. The paranoia I can not cope with very well, always checking that no one is in my room etc.

I just wanted someone else's opinion on what I could do, should I would for Monday and get a doctors appointment, I think I can last the weekend, or s there anything else I can do. This really is crippling me, and please don't judge, I know this is totally self inflicted and I have been stupid, but I do recognise that it is my own fault.

Thanks for listening guys.

I am real sorry you are having a bad time of it. Used to take it myself 60mg, then 40mg.

On something else now, you really need to get some medication, I think you should ring up and ask for a repeat prescription, most Doctors want it in writing, but will accept a fax request. You could ask them to send it to your local chemist if they do that service.

The longer you leave it the more likely you are to become more depressed.

Archived