Mental Health Forums

Body Sensations - Bit Of Odd Topic Maybe

hummm_mabbe

Hullo Ingrid

:(

You need the loving nuzzle of a shetlandic puffin to coax you into a state of calm bliss, and then maybe go kayaking in some caves and things, with it sitting on your bough and telling you what a good kayaker you are whilst feeding you chocolate raisins / bourbon biscuits, whichever you prefer. Cant be fussy though as they can only store a few under their wings and they tend to get salmonella in their beaks :(

I am in an odd mood. I may have to check the boiler for leaks :unsure:

On a reality note, have you tried mindfulness (as opposed to normal) meditation? There are some good guided ones here if you like :)

[:: () ::] << band aid for your stressie shoulders and um .. bowel -_-

:( awrr Ross. It sucks, don't it?!

pooping symptoms

...And I'm sorry, I know how dreadfully immature this is of me, but reading that made me giggle so hard.

xxx

Edit: i don't mean that to sound as cruel as it maybe does, sorry. I wasn't laughing at you, just the phrase you used. xx

interesting thread ross.

i feel it in my stomach.a dull ache in mt stomach.

sanctuary mentioned heart ache.i feel that too...physically.

my emotions overcome me.mainly the emotion of love.i can deal with feeling sad...but heartache hurts.

:( awrr Ross. It sucks, don't it?!

pooping symptoms

...And I'm sorry, I know how dreadfully immature this is of me, but reading that made me giggle so hard.

xxx

Edit: i don't mean that to sound as cruel as it maybe does, sorry. I wasn't laughing at you, just the phrase you used. xx

I would be lying if I said I didnt use those exact words to try to raise a giggle ^_^

Am 6 years old mentally :lol:

interesting thread ross.

i feel it in my stomach.a dull ache in mt stomach.

sanctuary mentioned heart ache.i feel that too...physically.

my emotions overcome me.mainly the emotion of love.i can deal with feeling sad...but heartache hurts.

Feeling sad shocks me every time I feel it. Its the most confusing emotion for me :( I go all wibble when I cry, I think I need crying lessons.

Hugs for dull ache :(

Ross

sorry off topic

rossy..... roses had choccie cake in chat and i stole a bit (well actually she wrapped it in tin foil for u)

*gives rossy roses' choccie cake*

xxx

OMM NOMMM NOMMM NOMMMM

**grins through face smeared with choccie**

Lol I have hijacked my own thread :)

I might have an argument with myself now

No ok, enough arguing lately lol

I get very much what you describe but I see this as actually being a physical thing.

Because I suffer from IBS my stomach is incredibly sensitive, whenever I suffer from anxiety, stress or panic my stomach begins to get sore and I begin to feel very acidic and toxic inside often if prolonged triggering one of my bad attacks.

I think this is a chemical reaction of the emotion in the brain that effects the other systems in my body and causes this reaction as each emotion has a chemical that is released in the brain in response to it or when released helps to cause an emotion.

if the panic continues for long enough I make myself sick

Depression however is the odd one for me which doesnt feel like an emotion inside my body, but more a spirit pressure around it, like an oppressive cloud of energy that surrounds and chokes me.

anger and aggression triggering Adrenaline, making me feel pumped energised.

I also find that if I allow my aggression and rage to build and do not find an outlet for it to be released into, when i explode and normally break things, I am unable to feel any physical pain or injury at all whilst angry. One time I was in a flying range I punched through a plasterboard wall and hit a beam or support inside the wall with my fist and messed my hand up pretty badly but I felt nothing at the time no pain no scream no even oh crap ive done my hand in didnt even flinch, I didnt feel anything for as long as I kept up the aggression the moment the anger drops and I calm down I was screaming like a little girl Oh F*** my hand, it hurts holy S*** it hurts.

It makes me wonder b0b, if your MH thingies went away, would your IBS clear up too? That would be a nice double pressie for you, but I dunno if IBS is a physically caused thing or if its psychosomatic or not? Dont know that much about it, sounds horrible though.

Ive not had that anger thing, it sounds very overwhelming that you would feel no pain at all. Makes me wanna put a bandage on yer hand :(

My depression I feel in my head and my shoulders - like a pressure in my brain and eyes, and maybe a loss of energy in my chest and stuff. Seems like we all feel these feelings slightly differently.

Ross

thats very interesting what you say about the ibs, cos i too suffer with ibs, and it always flares up bad when im stressed, and iv always wondered... if my stress went away... would my ibs aswell??

when i was speaking to the psyc nurse last night he said alot of our physical probs are caused by mental health probs.

like for instance at the mo im suffering from a chronic headache and have been for 3 weeks now, and i know its prob down to the extreme stress im under, as no pills will cure it!

anyway thats slightly off subject... i always get a tingly pain in my right hand whenever im anxious or upset, and i got a complete knot in my stomach, like someone is pushing it!!

xxx

Purpley pop

Huggles for the headaches and the tingles :(

I think you mabbe right, about the stress and bottie / tummy issues :( As b0b said, perhaps also the over production of adrenaline and things makes it go all squiffy - after all, its adrenaline that can make you poo yourself when you are terrified! :(

Hugglety

Ross

i have heaps of issues with physical health and the body, and everyone is linked in some way to my past

its common for survivors to disconnect with the body, most ptsd etc have high links with a variety of physical health issues, truama pages have heaps of info on this, part of it is simple emotional stuff caused by higher adreniline, part is more complicated connected to the different way our brains end up wired up and are therefore alot less efficiant at running our bodies and therefore leave us at risk, and part can ofcourse be directly connected to the abuse itself

i wont list all my physical health issues, id be here all day, but mosty i cope pretty wel by seeing them as symptoms of the past and caring for them with this in mind, letting them communicate what they need and balancing the needs of the body and the emotions.

• 2 weeks later...

i have had astral projection before when very stressed and depressed that was very confusing still dont understand it to this day :blink:

Archived