Mental Health Forums

Crisis Team Just Suggested Horlicks For Chronic Insomnia

karnakbabe

Errr ok, warm mild or hot drijnk might not work.

What meds are u on?

one meds diffrent ones may cause certain probs, not saying lady is right. Maybe if u do have sleep problem is u ask the right questions.

When u get into a pattern of sleep, ur inner time clock will wake up to certain time. or wont close down meaning not sleeping or getting back to sleep.

Have u tried sry! excercise through the day to help sleep, or are u taking ur meds so not having side effects?

Sleep comes to a pattern, when tired, or if exhausted is u will sleep up to a certain point, its up to u or if u take certain meds to carry on deeper sleep.

I am on anti pychotics, that was the best drug to help me sleep.

Before was i kept on drinking, and i had a cycle of hamsters in my brain.

One u need to try wind down, 2 see if they can give u something to help u, 3 is take that med.

im just thinking why i bothered? yeah u all tried, but u never tried right combination of meds or amount to help u?

i found out im so sleepy for certain reason, but before i was hyper. now i dont have a proper problem except sleep all the fukin time, but im not as bad as i was last year, now i can actually fukin work.

i used to not sleep years ago, and not i cant sleep enough. Dont slag off something that might work for something.

Unfortunately crisis team seems totally under trained. Here they just called the cops on me and slammed me in hossy. All very drastic. Sleep- cuddle my kitty, mix lorazepam with drink.plus zopi plus night meds not what i would suggest . nighty night. ? b XX

im just thinking why i bothered? yeah u all tried, but u never tried right combination of meds or amount to help u?

i found out im so sleepy for certain reason, but before i was hyper. now i dont have a proper problem except sleep all the fukin time, but im not as bad as i was last year, now i can actually fukin work.

i used to not sleep years ago, and not i cant sleep enough. Dont slag off something that might work for something.

Gone, are you ok?

The rest of you guys made me laugh with all your experiences but on a serious note, look at the state of us and when help proves to be useless is it any surprise we have forums like this? It's 3.30am and have appointment with GP tmrw, fully intend to read the riot act but still believe deep down I will walk out empty handed as usual. I find you all funny, compassionate and intelligent people and I am so happy to be able to talk with people who "get me", so thanks. The scary thing is though only a handful of people have probably posted on this single forum but how many hsve viewed these pages and related to these stories.

Now that is frightening

thanks crazy for asking if i am ok.

Sry for being full on, hope u can get something sorted with ur GP, i know how frustrating all of it can be, it took a long time for me to really ask for help and get the help i needed and deserved.

Good luck today.

sry for the swearing and that.

thanks crazy for asking if i am ok.

Sry for being full on, hope u can get something sorted with ur GP, i know how frustrating all of it can be, it took a long time for me to really ask for help and get the help i needed and deserved.

Good luck today.

sry for the swearing and that.

Thats ok Gone. I know it's frustraiting and difficult to try and get everything out when there seems to be so much going on. I'm glad your getting help and hope you are well. Turns out the appointment is for Thursday ie tmrw lol. Turned up today and felt like a melon. Oh well go again tmrw and hopefully they will see the state of me and prescribe for once. Oh the prospect of sleep seems like mana lol.

Take care

Amanda

x

I like the smell of horlicks, it reminds me of being all snug as a bug in a rug out from the cold, but i hate the taste lol :D

makes me so angry. but my cpn basically said crisis team there not for people like us and no point in cxalling, as ewe have long term needs, they cant fix suicidal thoughts oe wat eva, she said best option to call gp out of hours nd go assessment if things were thzt bad xx

makes me so angry. but my cpn basically said crisis team there not for people like us and no point in cxalling, as ewe have long term needs, they cant fix suicidal thoughts oe wat eva, she said best option to call gp out of hours nd go assessment if things were thzt bad xx

Hey Piuma

Well at least you got an answer I suppose. We are obviously the runts of the MH world so we are not important , it's absolutely deplorable and downright dangerous in my opinion. On a brighter note it's early so I am relatively stable for the minute, ( can't say the same in a couple of hours lol), but I got a letter today for a primary care assessment for a CPN per last PDoc recommendation. It's for the 7th of February and with you guys permission I want to print of all the comments on this thread up to the night before ie: 6th Feb. I will of course blank out all your names etc the only thing they will see are the actual responses to the original statement. I believe it's important to show them as maybe they will understand that they are letting us down so badly and something has to be done. If the crisis team are not there to help us then why are we advised to contact them in the first place.

Amanda

I was told the same...trouble is, when I go to GP they refer straight to crisis team! these days I just refuse because more often than not they seem to make things worse.

There are a lot of good things on the NHS but in my experience the crisis team is not one of them. once they came round and the woman was sniggering at my curtains because they looked silly - they were too short. I felt like saying to her, you try getting through the winter with no heating and you'll see why you resort to buying the only thick curtains you can find - too-short ones from a charity shop!! And all those times they've said how are you feeling? I've told them "okay" and they've said "well that's great we'll discharge you then"...:o and I'm like...no I'm not really ok...I just find it hard to tell someone that on first meeting especially within the first 30 seconds of meeting! Then there's the time they said to me "Sometimes all people need is leaflets..." (then to add insult to injury never actually sent me the leaflets) and the time where they said to my boyfriend (who also has MH probs) "Right I don't know anything about you, David isn't it?" "um no...my name's ******" "oh, sorry ******. So, you left the armed forces in 2005?" (well that was a lucky guess!!)

sorry I'm taking over your post with a rant about them. They are the only option it seems unfortunately, the GP never knows what to do with me. These days I just try and knock myself out with diazepam and haloperidol instead of seeking medical attention. I wouldn't ever want to go back in hospital either so I avoid the crisis team like the flu.

I hope you get some peaceful sleep soon...

oh btw...I wasn't meaning to recommend taking excessive amounts of sedatives and antipsychotics to help you sleep or calm down! I just take the recommended dose and it calms me enough not to be totally freaking out

Archived