Mental Health Forums

Anyone Else Ever Done This?

b0bulat0r

Ok so last Night I was in the shower.

And I'd finished showering but I couldnt get out of the shower, not by anything physically stopping me, But I stopped.

I spent about 5 minutes just standing under the water, feeling it pour down on me,

I spend a very large portion of my life feeling toxic, sick, ill, diseased, dirty, and this feeling of warm clean water pouring on to me made me feel purified again, if but for a moment,

I stood there and for a moment, I felt alive,

I find it hard not to do this, it seems to be a habit, getting out of the shower always takes me forever, Its almost as hard as dragging myself out of bed.

Is this me being barmey? or does anyone else ever have anything like this?

No, you are not barmy, I do it alll the time. I have always taken ages in the shower so much so that my parents used to joke about it. It is a lovely sensation feeling the warm water drip off you and it's a very grounding experience. Ithink a little of our troubles wash away for a few minutes with that water.

Also, it is a very powerful technique to use if you are feeling a lot of negative energy around. I always tell people to imagine the troubles/bad words etc... as droplets of rain, they run over your body and drop to the ground. The water that falls of you doesn't hurt you, but it still goes into the ground and nourished the earth and is a natural part of the circle of life.

xxxxx

I find it hard not to do this, it seems to be a habit, getting out of the shower always takes me forever, Its almost as hard as dragging myself out of bed.

omg i could have written that sentence myself, that is sooo me!!

your not alone at all hun :)

xx

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG i am terrible for this, i NEED to shower when i get in from work or i feel all disorientated, its like a groudning thing for me

I spend a very large portion of my life feeling toxic, sick, ill, diseased, dirty, and this feeling of warm clean water pouring on to me made me feel purified again, if but for a moment,

That is why I love water so much. It's like, when I'm in water, I'm in another world where nothing bad has happened. Although for me, a shower is just a small taste of that.

sometimes i,m in the bath for a minute, other times i,m in for an hour, it all depends how comfortable i,m feeling, sometimes i run the water and don,t get in at all :unsure:

Yes never thought about it before and made me smile. The grounding thing makes sense . I just stand there , I suppose it is a form of massage and comfort . Good post x

• 2 weeks later...

Water has always been therapeutic

Gentle pressure from the jets all the more so

Cleansing in all senses has always been a good thing.

Watch your water bill!

you aint weird bob.....if i get out the shower after less than 30mins, i must be running late! water is so soothing, and as its pulsing on your face, back etc its stimulating nerve endings and making you feel alive.....in the same way a hot bath totally relaxes you by not stimulating the nerves in the same way.

so go forth and shower hun :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so last Night I was in the shower.

And I'd finished showering but I couldnt get out of the shower, not by anything physically stopping me, But I stopped.

I spent about 5 minutes just standing under the water, feeling it pour down on me,

Is this me being barmey? or does anyone else ever have anything like this?

This definitely is not weird or a bad thing. When you're doing that, see it as a wonderful thing where the stresses, negative energy and overwhelming thoughts are running out and off your body and now down the drain. That'll make u feel even more refreshed!

Archived