Mental Health Forums

Drawing From My Past

marc-74

There are some very strong images here, nothing vulgar, but the sexual abuse content could trigger.

While Going through some old sketches I found this. As you may guess emotions were pretty intense at the time, I drew this many years ago.

All it shows is the memories of the first time I was raped. Then the relief of my Mum coming home, the me back in Ireland running around our farm .

marc x

such a fantastic talent you have there marc :)

brought a tear to my eye looking at them but there really good well done

xx

Thanks cherry,  does the same to me .

marc x

A social worker that saw this drawing today when I was at my studio today wants to use it in a booklet she is putting together. 

If it helps someone else to recover it is a million times as good. They are really good images marc. Well done. x Sorry you miss your mum x

Yeah , I'm proud that others have seen the depth of feelings here,  and if it helps someone speak up, not feel ashamed  and see life will get better , means a hell of a lot more than the other paintings that I've sold in galleries .

marc x

If it helps someone else to recover it is a million times as good. They are really good images marc. Well done. x Sorry you miss your mum x

Yeah , I'm proud that others have seen the depth of feelings here,  and if it helps someone speak up, not feel ashamed  and see life will get better , means a hell of a lot more than the other paintings that I've sold in galleries .

marc x

You said that really well and made me cry. Well done they are good and I can tell they come from within .x

wow this is so powerful and so well drawn. You are a fantastic artist and these images are well design all of them together. Thanks for showing us this.

wow this is so powerful and so well drawn. You are a fantastic artist and these images are well design all of them together. Thanks for showing us this.

I couldn't agree more. I am deeply affected, as both survivor and mother of a (unvictimized) young boy. I love the image of you crying in your mum's arms, it made my heart fill with maternal fire.

I couldn't agree more.  I am deeply affected, as both survivor and mother of a (unvictimized) young boy.  I love the image of you crying in your mum's arms, it made my heart fill with maternal fire.

Thank you for all your comments, I've looked at this picture hundreds of times and every time I look at it I still cry and fill up with emotion, all you words touch me deeply.

marc x

Archived