i need food

in my mouth

all the time

and the second its gone i need it again

and while i eat i barely notice what im doing

and its comfort

but its also to hurt, to damage, to destroy

its a mess

the only good thing is that i am drinking more (tea, hot choc, milk) just to make up for when im not eating

and i eat junk

and much of it i eat in secret

and its a mess

but i dont want to let it go cos i need it, badly,

it is the first thing i think of when i wake

always in my thoughts

maybe i should buy a dummy

but hey - so what

Actually hun, compulsive over-eating is an eating disorder. Or so I was told. It's just the inversion of an eating disorder where you don't eat anything. There should be support available if you talk to your GP or someone professional about it. xxx

You do have an ED. As roses said, compulsive overeating is a disorder and can be a symptom of depression or another underlying psycological problem. I feel exactly like you do during a binge, except that I purge afterward. Your GP should be able to offer you help. Continue posting here as you need =) xxx

i go through days where i dont eat, days where i eat junk all day etc etc o and the occasional day where i have proper food... usually weekend when i get fed by mum... mine is kinda a part of not caring for myself - which is kinda a form of sh... so in my book, any eating that does not have your best interest at heart can be part of a bigger issue...

i would defo speak to doc or cpn or someone about this... cos it IS a real symptom or coping mechanism that may be linked to depression or summat...

(((((((((((((((((walker)))))))))))))

xxx

ty all for not dismissing me

i have been doing this 17 months and on and off for many years. but this is the longest and worst its been.

then i have times when i obsess and eat well and strict and lose weight

but it never lasts,and its not to make me feel good, its to restrict, punish, reprimand, and all the time it still consumes my mind

its all a big, yes big mess

it hurts

i hurt

but i just cant let it go

• 11 months later...

was sort of feeling need to do food post, thought would look up one from few months ago and discovered it was nearly a year

OMG

and where am i

in the same place more or less

not eating breakfast or lunch

had 4 dinners in 8 days

survive on sugar/salt cravings

and the same issues

that it doesnt matter, the food

well it does it matters too much but its like it is not in head until something will say salt/sugar

when had manic head last week just forgot to eat until saw son/hub getting food out but body didnt need any

then once put a bit in it wantd more

sometimes desp need something but after a few mouthfuls dont anymore

it really is a complete utter mess, yet how stupid is it

that changing it to healthy 3 meals is so threatening

if at parents then that will just happen but even then being asked to decide or chose or want

what

what??????

this or that

which

really want salt but crave sugar, thirsty so eat, hungry

god only knows if hungry

not sure that is a concept even known anylonger

really dont know where where this is meant to be going jsut maybe need some alliance or something but its just like the connections have all gone

Hiya (((Walker)))

Imho, in the darker months of the year people eat more carb-rich foods, more comfort foods, than in the summer.

Its telling you made a similar post almost a year ago. And you are def not the only person affected by this - healthy eating goes out da window for me when depressed. I just couldn't be bothered.

I think some of it is about 'self-parenting' too.

But I am sorry it's wrecking your head. I know the more I think about food and NOT eating it, the more obsessive I get and want to eat...

Sending you hugs, xxx a.m

I relate to the food issue.

Like Chitma, I see it as some for of sh. Although my gp tried dismissing it as comfort eating.

I doubt he will say that phrase again though.

so hard to even pin down how it all is

has been all year since last post not just re begun

was meant to sort food with cpn but then it nevver happend

Ask your CPN again walker, mine was quite helpful at the beginning when I first mentioned it to her, now she thinks there are more important things to discuss with me. I need help with my eating too, it's not easy. And I have a dietitan. *huge sigh*

Archived