Mental Health Forums

Hypomania - Does Anyone Else Act Like A Child?

Bigmouth_strikes_again

I only get short bouts of hypomania as i have rapid cycling - but when i do get it i basically act like a 5 year old.

I don't always realize how i'm acting. But today i noticed i got all giggly at random stuff, when no one paid attention to me, i started making silly noises (especially annoying repetitive ones), and saying things in silly voices. Then i kept moving from room to room, talking to the animals etc. I got irritated, and started pacing about in the frontroom hoping someone would notice, then i ran off and started pulling everything out of big storage box - in attempt to find something to amuse me and also to make enough noise to hopefully get someone to engage in conversation with me. Everytime i pulled something out of the storage box i'd make a loud comment or giggle at it. I felt really energetic and silly, but at the same time really irritatable, eventually i calmed down and next back to a "normal" mood.

Other times i get into hysterics over seemingly unfunny things, to the point were in i'm actually crying. Or if someone pays any attention to me i'll talk and talk, usually jumping from one subject to another, the less the person responds the more i feel the need to talk.

Does anyone else get like this during a hypomanic mood swing?

I can soooo relate to the getting all giggly and very very hyper and energetic and talking loads i am kind of in that mood right now wanting too just talk someones head off!!

Glad i'm not the only one. Makes me feel a bit embarrassed once the hypomania has gone, and i realize what i was acting like.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. Meeee! i do that. I'm there nowwwww!! xxx

ME TOO!!! But I'm stuck in my bedroom and my boyfriend's borrriiinnnggg!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

well it's more like my brain going crazy hypomania but my body has no energy haha

Only a couple of times....i ended up sitting on the floor giggling and rocking and singing kiddie songs, though there was a week last year were I skipped everywere.....

Only a couple of times....i ended up sitting on the floor giggling and rocking and singing kiddie songs, though there was a week last year were I skipped everywere.....

I've just been sat downstairs for half an hour bobbing up and down for no reason and also found some glow sticks highly entertaining :) but then my boyfriend sent me upstairs because I was really annoying him.

Archived