Mental Health Forums

I Just Want To Belong

Tay-Nat

I just want to feel like I belong somewhere... anywhere...All my life I've been trying to "fit in"...doing things that wasn't "me" just so I could get some kind of acceptance...I found this place and for the first time in 42 years I felt like I belonged...and now I feel like I don't...I'm not saying it's anyones fault, it's just me...When I first started this post I was feeling all these emotions and I actually started to get tears in my eyes for the first time in months...Then poof it all went away, no crying aloud...no sad emotions whatsoever...Just smile and be happy...

Sorry for the post...I'm back to me again...Happy go lucky...Tay

i know the feeling. it comes and goes. i often feel isolated and paranoid i dont fit, but it will pass. we all have pretty much, if not exactly, the same feelings, and you are accepted here as a member :) you do fit

Hi Tay,

Do you know what makes you feel different? I have found the forums fairly quiet this week, some of the people who I really relate to have not been here and I feel quite like yourself. I have had JUST 35 years of doing what others want as the only way to fit in, you are not alone and I know how you feel here. I can honestly say, as the week has progressed I have convinced myself that I have upset everyone here, very few of my posts have been answered, I am of the belief that I have annoyed people, but, then I am good at the moment, this allows my logical brain to kick in and say, hang on, it is not you - it has just been a quiet week. Perhaps you should believe the same. My logical brain usually fails me, but, I am using it to the full today.

Take care and I hope you regain your feelings of 'I belong here' soon.

Jane :)

Please dont feel that you dont fit

we all have those feelings from time to time

if you need to vent or post how you feel or what is going on in your life please feel free to do so. also please use live support and the helplines if you feel you need to chat or ask for advuice and support, but dont want to post!

nooone judges on here

We are all here to help one another

take care

Traceyxxx

Hi Tay,

Do you know what makes you feel different? I have found the forums fairly quiet this week, some of the people who I really relate to have not been here and I feel quite like yourself. I have had JUST 35 years of doing what others want as the only way to fit in, you are not alone and I know how you feel here. I can honestly say, as the week has progressed I have convinced myself that I have upset everyone here, very few of my posts have been answered, I am of the belief that I have annoyed people, but, then I am good at the moment, this allows my logical brain to kick in and say, hang on, it is not you - it has just been a quiet week. Perhaps you should believe the same. My logical brain usually fails me, but, I am using it to the full today.

Take care and I hope you regain your feelings of 'I belong here' soon.

Jane :)

I think my problem is the fact that my T is on vacation and the feelings are being buried...Tay

Archived