Mental Health Forums

Suicide

phill-john

I am feeling like committing suicide, I am not sure about talking to the sammaritans and was wondering if there is any other organization I can talk to tonight to help.

just call 999 bud and tell them . They will take you to A & E and you will be able to talk to a psychiatric person. It may seem daunting doing this but if the thought is there it is urgent you see someone hun. Take care xxxxx

I am feeling like committing suicide, I am not sure about talking to the sammaritans and was wondering if there is any other organization I can talk to tonight to help.

Hey Phill, I think a lot of us have been there before and it certainly not easy. On one ocassion I phoned, the ambulance arrived and they were so good to me.

Its hard to think straight when everything turns to shit but if you can stay strong and get some initial help Im sure they will put you into contact with someone that can help.

Is there anyone you trust enough that you can call?

Take care

Russ.

Phill, can we help you take your mind off it, distract you.

Is there a family member or a close friend who can come sit with you tonight?

Sometimes it does seem if that is the only way out, but it isn't, things look real bad sometimes so much so that we want to just shut it away and not have to see it or feel it again. After a good nights sleep, or a talk with someone we see the light, and know that it is not our only option. That we can get through it.

We are here if you need us. Talk to us.

phil, there are plenty people here who will listen. sometimes speaking to someone who knows exactly how it feels can really help. xxx

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have suffered from severe depression over the years on and off and I'm now convinced that diet, particularly drinking 2 litres + of water every day, helps a lot. It DEFINITELY worked for me. Don't drink Coke, Pop, alcohol, just water and between 2 and 3 litres a day evenly spread throughout the day. This drinking water is the important bit, well for me anyway, that is, drinking the water. Depression can be caused by dehydration and since your brain is apparently 85% water, it doesn't function correctly if it becomes dehydrated. I found this stuff online after becoming disillusioned with doctors who don't seem to understand depression at all and all of those tablets should be avoided until you've tried this. Also, eat your 5 a day fruit / veg and generally try to eat healthily but I cannot stress the dehydration / water aspect enough. Try it Phill!

Yeah, if you want to away and top yourself... STOP!!!!

DRINK WATER

Its the new cure... wtf?

Are you like a crisis prevention worker or what?

0800 83 85 87... thats a group called breathing space they deal mainly with suicidal thoughts, I used them before they are quite good

take care

Phill,

See you haven't been to the site for a few days.

Please post to let us know you are ok. Everyone here hears your pain, we just want to help

xx Sue

my boyfriend had depression and when my boyfriend and i split he became suicidal, eventually he went to hospital and they got him all the help he needed , they were wonderful. he had no where to live due to our break up and they even sorted things out in the way of getting him a flat. hes now settled in his own flat n hes doing fine, hes still recieving support azwell.

Archived