Mental Health Forums

Blokes.... Hmmmm?

purple-chick

just been checking through some messages on dating site i go on, and realised that blokes hardly ever put kisses at the end of messages, its weird aint it!!

so any blokes care to enlighten me as to why this is?? lol

xx

It is a girly thing, I don't put kisses on any text either unless it is someone I am seeing.

Generally you don't get kisses if the person does not know you, it is a personal thing, and for me too familiar, unless of course you have built up a rapport.

Guess like using smileys in msn. I hate them. But people use them.

I wouldnt ever do it to someone I didnt know

however when I am friends with someone i do it,

the odd thing is with this convention is because it has to be to a woman only, see i'm a very hug orientated person and i love to hug my friends, i hug both my female and male friends as its a sign of effection and warmth and its a friend hug, however the way you hug a male friend and the way you hug a female friend is always different, even online, when I talk to mates I'll get the there there *Manly hugs*.

There is never a situation in which its appropriate or even desired to xx a message to a male friend as a man, therefore as its something you can only do in conversations with a woman its usually reserved as something you dont do very often, for girls I imagine you can do it to messages to both guys and girls.

For me I often worry about doing it incase the girl in question would think i'm prosuming our relationship is on a different level than it really is, remember our conversation last week about the use of pet names/effection terms?

You know when I call you Hun that its an friendship term and not meant as anything else,

would you know what I meant if I put kisses at the end of my messages? (I think i did in one of my Pm's to you actually)

There is another commonly held convention that some people often follow

which dictates the number of allowed x's.

I think its meant to be that X for example is just being polite

XX is being friendly

and XXX is a love you really want you sort of kiss.

Not 100% sure on any of that though,

as an aspergers person social conventions are a mystery to me.

:S.

hmm you've sure given me alot to think about there hun.

i nearly always put kisses to both man and woman unless im annoyed or upset with them.

see on the one hand i find it weird to not put i kiss, but on the other hand i find it hard putting a kiss if the other person hasnt, if you get me.

but i guess im friendly like that in real life too. always kiss and cuddle my male and female friends.

and when i was saying about blokes not putting kisses, i didnt mean just strangers, even most of my exes only put kisses every now and again lol

xx

hmm you've sure given me alot to think about there hun.

i nearly always put kisses to both man and woman unless im annoyed or upset with them.

see on the one hand i find it weird to not put i kiss, but on the other hand i find it hard putting a kiss if the other person hasnt, if you get me.

but i guess im friendly like that in real life too. always kiss and cuddle my male and female friends.

and when i was saying about blokes not putting kisses, i didnt mean just strangers, even most of my exes only put kisses every now and again lol

xx

I put X on messages to all my friends, male and female, to me it's just a sign of affection, I'll put x on forum posts too, doesn't mean I want to kiss everyone, just a way of showing a little friendly warmth, text can be sterile otherwise. I'll always hug friends too, male and female, especially if I havent seen them in a while.

M

x

I put X on messages to all my friends, male and female, to me it's just a sign of affection, I'll put x on forum posts too, doesn't mean I want to kiss everyone, just a way of showing a little friendly warmth, text can be sterile otherwise. I'll always hug friends too, male and female, especially if I havent seen them in a while.

M

x

its nice to see a man thats not afraid of showing emotion lol

xx

M

x

its nice to see a man thats not afraid of showing emotion lol

xx

Oh I show emotion alright! I haven't got much choice, I cry a lot too, happiness, sadness, films, the works!! All rather shamefull! :-(

M

x

i put kisses without thinking if say im on here.

but if im texting i put 'x'if its a friend...xxx if i really like them and xxxxxxxx if im infatuated :lol::wub:

i would love to get some kisses back but i never do :(:( ...

i dont care though :D (secretly cares) ;)

aaaaaawwwwwwwwww Dani

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <---- specially for you :wub:

non sexual caring kisses of course :)

and Mark, not shameful at all hunni

Kath x

PS I did get scared at work cos both boss and bosses gf (accounts lady) both put xx's on emails to me - i hope they aren't after a 3some.... LMAO

lol chips!maybe they are!

my boss puts xxxxxx at the end of emails too....but wait...we used to be together!lol.so tread careful there chips :lol:

thankyou for the no-sexual xxxxxxxxxx chips.....appreciated :)

PS I did get scared at work cos both boss and bosses gf (accounts lady) both put xx's on emails to me - i hope they aren't after a 3some.... LMAO

LOL :lol:

and dani i know how you feel hun lol

xxx

I think im a serial kisser i put kisses on everything however reading this thread has certainly explained why i find myself in situation i have no clue of , its its determined by kisses that is ...like b0bulat0r i find it hard to gauge wht is exceptable an why it isnt lol ....on the other hand i have been married 9 yrs and my husband has NEVER put a kiss on the end of any message or text ...

oh i dont know i started off knowin wht i was getting at lol ..x

I seem to be picking up all your habits of putting xx on things on here Dani.

My sis puts kisses when she texts me, but I never put them back. Just not a xx person, like LOL my biggest pet hate, I only use PMSL as a pisstake. Rather put ha ha.

Maybe it is my age. Am way old.

Ooooooooooh well that explains a lot then!! I thought all these x's at the bottom of messages were some kind of voting system (you know, 3 and your out kind of thing) :D;)

Take care all

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I know some people will have problems with the whole 'x' being a some what negative symbol in their lives so I thought I would take it upon myself to take things up a notch and take us into the 21st century of message kissing :)

Take care

kisskisskisss.jpg

Ooooooooooh well that explains a lot then!! I thought all these x's at the bottom of messages were some kind of voting system (you know, 3 and your out kind of thing) :D;)

Take care all

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

lol hun :lol:

that certainly is alot of kisses, you made up for all the ones that i have missed out on hehe xx

Archived