Mental Health Forums

2010 Winter Olympics

thesloaneranger

well, after 4 long years of waiting, the winter olympics started this weekend! im a huge winter sports fan so i cant wait to see britain competeing for the medals. :D ive skied since i was 5 years old, but had to give it up a few years ago due to too many injuries :( i was never going to be good enough to be part of the olympic team, although im good friends with a former olympic coach, so it will be good to be cheering on those that do have the talent! :D

sadly, there has already been a fatal accident in the luge, involving a georgian slider. however, georgia are still competeing despite their loss and i hope they get the chance to be amongst the medals too. winter events are more dangerous, but i hope there are no more nasty incidents like this.

so whatever event gets you excited, enjoy the games! xxx

I love love love it!!

Mostly excited about our iceskater Sven Kramer,he is up for bunch of metals or so we hope :)

5000 m on right now wooheeee(dutchies are such skater fans I can hear people screaming;our neighbours:) )

Lilly

lol @ sioux.....and about 150 of those canadians will claim to have scottish roots! lol! lilly, you think the dutch are loud at the skating? have you ever heard them at the darts?! pmsl!! a very fun, passionate race the dutch :)

I get drawn into it.

I started having no interest, and no knowledge of any of the sports.

However, I have already watched some of the ski jumping. By the end, I'll be crying that its over.

lol walker...i was like that this morning watching the short track skating at 3am!! hubby was asking what i was shouting about, and i had to explain there was cheating going on!! pmsl!!

So sad about the luger who got killed. Tragic :(

but I am very excited, I've been skiing in Whistler and it's amazing watching all the professionals on the same slopes I was on :lol:

@ loneranger oh ya the Dutch get loud LOL

Dutchy won gold last night wooheeeeee.

Looking forward to tonight,guess I will be up late again.

Lilly

Archived