Mental Health Forums

Quetiapine Xr

Data

Pdoc put me on 100mg of the sustained release at night. Never been on it before. Woke up this morning and I'm wasted. Lethargic, speech slurred.

Wife is shouting at me and I don't give a toss. In fact I don't give a toss about much. Its not a nice feeling though. I dunno how I am going to get my work done.

I read on other topics that some of these effects wear off after a while. Is this true? How long does it take?

i am on seroquel/quetiapine and im on a largish dose twice a day ,, i have had times where i have stopped or started and forf me i found a few days of being a bit motivationless and then im functioning great

of course we are all different and i assume our metabolisms make a difference to how we react to it

i hope u find this med as helpful as i do and i hope u recover and become used to it fast

steve

good luck data i really hope u find this helpfull and can reach a managable way of living through this

one word of advice alcohol hits me harder on this med so please if u choose to drink try to drink a lesser amount i wouldnt want to hear of u getting ill

I think I feel like this to some extent every day but thats probably more to do with sleep deprivation. I had a bad couple of weeks at the start of taking it, but it has improved a lot since then.

Well I went for another sleep and woke up about 20 mins ago. There is no way I can function as a full-time student like this. I'd not be able to drive at all either.

I can feel it wearing off now because some anxieties have started to return. The bizarre thing is.... I welcome the anxieties laugh.gif. I've missed them :).

I am wondering if I should halve the dosage?

Another alternative is to take it earlier in the evening. Last night I took it at 10.44pm. I could take it around 8.30pm instead.

i find with any med designed to help me sleep that if i take it late then i cant function the next day. i work on the 12 hour rule. if i need to be up at 8am i have to take it before 8pm

i find with any med designed to help me sleep that if i take it late then i cant function the next day. i work on the 12 hour rule. if i need to be up at 8am i have to take it before 8pm

That's pretty much what I do. I tend to sleep 12 hrs on my meds. Some people would say it's too much, but it feels right for me because if my day is too long, I struggle even more than I already do. I'm on mirtazapine 30mg and quetiapine xr 300mg at night.

Hope things settle down for you soon Data. xxxx

I hope they settle down too. I can't afford to sleep 12 hours a day!!!

I've not got much done today and meeting with supervisor on Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dude, ive recently been put on it too 3 times a day 300mg, im finding it the only med that ive felt/seen effects from and im really pleased! IM so happy that something seems to be finally working that ive given up weed (my only relief) because i dont want to jepodise wht quetpine could do for me.

Hope u start feeling better from it

S xxxx

I am feeling a lot better from it now as well. Like you have given up weed, I have given up alcohol :).

Yesterday was a shit day (see my latest topic) and I was really anxious but I didn't touch a drop of drink, I went to bed sober.

I've recetly been put upto 500mg a day, 100 in the mornin, 100 at lunch, 100 in the evenin and 200 at bed time. I find that they take an hour to kick in and then I can't keep my eyes open. I'm only on this high dose coz I keep shakin uncontrolably. I find that I welcome the side effects as I need me sleep, only problem is, it gets me to sleep just doenst keep me asleep, so I still only av a few hours. It took a few weeks for me to get the hang of the side effects but as I've been put up again I'm back to the begininning

I think this med effects everyone differently - the side effects never wore off for me, so I moved to risperidone which has been much better. The sleepiness is supposed to lessen at higher doses. Hope it helps you

Data - I take 1.5mg of haloperidol (first generation antipsychotic). I recently had a dose reduction from 2.0mg to the present 1.5mg once a day due to my age (I am older). I have been on it a lot of years and done well on it - Detroitguy

i was on risperidone once and it sent me crazy, well crazier! was terrible so just proves everyone is completely and utterly differant, im just worried about the weight gain that comes with quetiapine as ive got serious self image problems as it is :( really dont wanna put on weight!!!

Well done for not drinking dude, pat on back, im now on my 4th day weed free :D S xxxx

I tried quetiapine and hated it , much too strong- I went back on Olanzepine

My sister was on quetiapine and spent all her days in bed - depressed

It too me ages to convince her to try Olanzepine, as she lost all motvation to help herself, but now she has and is much happier

I think as people say we are all different and we all respond differently to medication. Thats why there are so many drugs in each class (antipsychotic, antidepressant, mood stabiliser, sedative etc) that are used.

Quetiapine has made such a positive difference to me though, it has allowed the 'nice' part of me to come out more :).

heya,

im on 600mcg of quetiapine and when i first started it i felt drunk it was horrible but now it is a little bit better - i still go to bed say 30 minutes after i have taken it as it is really strong...doesnt work for everyone but seems to work for me. xx

i started this yesterday. only 100mg for now and slept so well but now, i have to go to work and i feel totally disociated. someone tell me this is gonna stop!?

i started this yesterday. only 100mg for now and slept so well but now, i have to go to work and i feel totally disociated. someone tell me this is gonna stop!?

For me, the sedation wore off after a couple of days.

Be very careful about driving if it is making you drowsy.

i know thanks data. i did think it was causing me no end of issues last night. felt faint at work and almost passed out a few times. turns out its not the meds (seen gp today) its the evil stomach puking virus thing going around. med frree today cos i just can't swallow anything but well see. am off work for 3 weeks now so ti's not too bad

Archived