Mental Health Forums

Temazepam

lauraw2693

I've been prescribed 20mg Temazepam to help me sleep, I don't know much about it other than its a benzodiazepine. Just wondering if anyone has any experiences they could share - how it affected you, if it helped you sleep, how long before sleep to take it, how you feel the next day etc.. I might take one tonight. I know it wouldn't have been prescribed if it wasn't safe and I know everyone is different but I'm also on 150mg Quetiapine and 300mg Pregabalin, do you think that will affect it?

Oh my god, They should work for you... I was on them but not allow them again :angry:...

They helped me sleep... I would take them an hour or so before I was going to go sleep... The next day after taking them for the first time, I felt stoned BUT I was on other new meds too so it was a mix of meds not just them... No I don't think they will affect it at all...

Maybe like you said take them tonight and see how you feel tomorrow and things...

Sorry if none of that makes much sense O_o...

They work pretty quick then? Might try it tonight but now feel queasy so maybe not.. Did make sense hun thank you for the reply :) Sorry you're not allowed them *hugs* hope you're okay xx

i think you should be fine I just necked 5 lorazepam and am still standing, you'll be ok hun if you follow the instuctions unlike me.B xx

temazapam really do work for me quickly, usually an hr after taking them or at most 3hrs.....

I dont take them every night tho

good luck hope they help you xxxxxx

Thanks fordy, they helped - I got 7 hours rather than 1-2 so improvement :) Don't feel hungover or anything today which I was quite surprised about :) xxx

Not sure yet, not feeling much at the moment.. need to go to the doctors and meet up with my ex to borrow something so will see how I feel when I'm out and about later.. xxx

I took Temazepam years ago. They helped me sleep, started to feel drowsy after 30-60 mins if I remember correctly.

However after a few weeks they started to have less effect on me. I was becoming tolerant to them. The GP made me take them every second day since tolerance is a sign that you are becoming addicted.

I don't think I have much chance of that as I was only allowed 10, well 9 now. I took one last night and got a bit more sleep though didn't really feel sleepy til about 3 hours after taking them.. x

i have taken them, and i became tolerant of them, and i think , you are only supposed to take them 4 about 4 weeks as addictive, but may be wrong, as am shattered atm, but cant sleep!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear you're struggling sleeping too! Yeah he only gave me 10 days worth as said they were addictive. I've just got to Canada & think I'm more suited to sleep in this time zone, 5 hours behind! x

Archived