Mental Health Forums

My Latest Work

catspiracy

Hi everyone.

Here is the latest custom piece i did for a gothic/fetish male model. I made it out of a cashmere sweater, a silk sweater, faux leather, and brocade. He was thrilled! And now he's ordered 2 pairs of pants from me for his portfolio photo shoot. Something tells me I'm about to be full-time employed as his personal designer! Very exciting for me, as he pays really well and is a total sweetheart. This hoodie is named "Azrael", the good angel of death. I hope the images work!

love,

cat

:wub:

thanks!

yes, Sioux, I design and sew one of a kind pieces. :) I work at home. I have been doing this for a couple of years now and i think i am finally making a break by having this client. He says he is poised to become one of the top male gothic/fetish models and he wants ME to dress him! :D

MAN, your a bit good ain't ya.  I'm well impressed.

I think some costume designers for movies would make you a very rich lady. 

Keep it up, it makes me so glad to see people putting amazing talent like this to use.

marc x

wow, how talented. i wish i could sew! its good you have this talent to do something productive. i wish i could find my creativity again, its all disappeared lately. i'm trying to find inspiration.

Thank everyone, you guys are the nicest ever! I don't know what to say. :wub:

@ Marc: wouldn't it be great to design for films? I've been hoping to dress a celebrity at some point for my break. I'm so pleased that this model has chosen me, because actually goth/fetish is more along my lines than mainstream haute couture. I am very inspired by costumes in things like the lord of the rings, etc. :)

@ Dani: I do, I design whatever people want me to, hehe. When i do a consultation, I ask them about what is their passion and what lights them up from the inside, then I make a garment about that. I am not formally trained. I have to struggle hard to create a pattern for one of my designs because I never took a pattern drafting course. But in a way, I think that enables me to think outside the box. I dress all kinds of body types, I don't need those human clothes hanger models you see in magazines. My cousin is a dancer, and she has ordered a dance dress, that I still need to design for her. Mostly, I make wild costumes. :)

@ Bonii: Inspiration is like a garden, it needs plenty of time and TLC to thrive. I have to spend a portion of every day allowing myself to be creative, or I get rusty. The other thing is to always keep a sketchbook at hand. I like to tear things out of magazines and stick them in there, doodle, design, sketch my cats, write poetry, or journal, all in the same sketchbook. I keep them all like a library of ideas for the "dry spells" when I can't think of what to do. I'm happy to pm with you about jumpstarting your creativity any time you like. <3 That goes for everyone, I like talking about the creative process.

@ Data: Yay, I'm glad the buckles are a hit. I don't buy buttons or sewing shop closures anymore at all, I go to the leather craft shop and get saddlery buckles and snaps. :) How long did it take......Well, I took the commission just before Thanksgiving, and took about a month for the design to fully evolve and for me to gather the materials. It was hard to find a cashmere sweater that I could afford to cut up! And then, other deadlines interfered....all told, I think i worked 2 weeks on it over the course of 3 months. That would be 2 weeks of artistic freak-out! It's hard for me to say how many hours I take to do things because the process is so manic-depressive. Sometimes I get so frustrated and think i will fail, and I waste all day getting drunk and crying. Then when it really starts to take shape, I work 'round the clock. The last two days, I didn't sleep or eat, I was chained to my machine. The metalwork can take hours of hammering. I have to pick times to do it when no one else is home because it drives the family mad. Also, i take over the dining table, and become very grouchy and yell at anyone who touches my work. Including cats that try to sleep on it, LOL!

To everyone: your compliments make me feel so shy yet so proud! I am still learning to accept compliments, and yours mean the world to me. Thank you so much for viewing and taking the time to comment. I know you have a lot going on in your own lives and i feel honored that you took the time to respond to me. I hope posting things like this doesn't seem like attention seeking, but maybe that's exactly what it is??? well, at least I'm seeking positive attention. Thank you X 1,000,000!

love,

cat

Archived