Mental Health Forums

A Lump.

foiled

I have this constant feeling of having a lump in my throat. Feels like i'm being strangled. I don't know if this is caused by an emotional problem (anxiety/stress) related or if something is wrong in my throat. It's horrible. Does anyone else have this problem?, should I see a Doctor about this unsure.gif

Hi there

it could be something your doc needs to look at and I would see a doc just to make sure its nothing in your throat.

When you know for sure thats not it you can look into where else it might come from mentally.

Lilly

have you had a cold recently? it could be a swollen gland.....something i freaked out about when i last had a cold! lol! if you havent been a bit sniffly recently i would still go and get it checked out as my mum had a similar problem and it turned out to be a thyroid prob. its always better to be safe, so get yourself checked out, if only for your own peace of mind. hope u feel better soon xxx

I think u should get it checked just to make sure its nothing.....but my bro used to have problems swallowing, had lotsof tests, they couldnt find anything wrong and said it was down to pressures / stress of his exams.....

not saying this is the case for you, get it checked to find out i think

good luck xxxxxxxxx

Go to a doctor just in case but I get this feeling like somethings crushing my chest, and I get dizzy and breathless. It's the anxiety & depression for me. But make sure you're is definately that. Its not unusual to have physical symptoms with depression.

xxx

theloansranger- Yes i have been fighting a cold for about two weeks. That's a good point. I hope it is just that :]

i guess i feel like it can't be just anxiety related, because it's only been recently(maybe close to a month) that i've noticed it's been there all the time. I think if it were anxiety it'd be more short term than that. *shrugs* i don't know, i think everyone's right, i should put my mind to rest and go see the doctor.

Thank you everyone laugh.gif

You are aware that it could be down to anxiety but its a new symptom and its bothering you - thats a perfectly good reason to go see - and sensible thing to say - to a doctor. No decent GP will have any problem with you coming to them with that, hope you get on ok,

Mousex

i told mum that i think i need to go to the doctor, she reacted as if i am being dramatic. thinks I am being paranoid "stop researching on the internet you'll go crazy": maybe i am. maybe i'm a hyperchondriac But this feels like someone is strangling me unsure.gif

Archived