Mental Health Forums

Poem To My Mum An Dad

pepsimeg

I wrote this in 96 to my adopted mum and dad, it explains how i felt as a child after they brought me home for the 1st time after being in a childrens home

Home Coming

Rooms with colours so BRIGHT

Splashed with much DELIGHT

Laughing faces with warm EMBRACES

Is this just a wonderful DREAM ?

Teddies, toys and delightful GAMES

Could this really be all MINE

To play with all that's DIVINE

So many beautiful things to SEE

Will all this be taken from ME ?

Lovely people with lovely FACES

Filling me with their warm EMBRACES

There is no sadness for me to FEEL

Can this all be so REAL ?

Look what has God has helped me FIND

Now, the past is BEHIND

Love has finally GROWN

In this, my new HOME

Thank u walker......i dont know where i would be without their love and support.....they adopted me when i was 10......i shall always be grateful to them......my mum cried when i gave her that poem :wub:

sometimes the past childhood hurts so much i try to remind myslef of the ggood times like when i was adopted - brings some comfort

I had alot to deal with but the memories of going home for the 1st time will always be the best ever.....

sometimes we thingk of the negatives too much......but i try to look at the possitives....them choosing me....well how grateful could i be after such a sad childhood......i luv my parents so much and i try to tell them all the time :wub:

dani yes they say they do but i feel a failure as a daughter sometimes.......had alot of mental health probs, my mum tho feels guilty cos they never talked about things when i was young - but hey i dont blame them 30+ yrs ago there was not much help like nowadays....you just coped how you could...i was a disturbed child but they tried to keep things as normal as poss which helped me.....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived