Mental Health Forums

Xanax Xr

verbena

Yesterday I was prescribed Xanax XR .5 mg. Does anyone have any comments on this medication? This is along with Wellbutrin and Risperdal. I'm really getting nervous about all this medication and not even sure I can remember to take it correctly.

((((((((((((((((((((((((Ann))))))))))))))))))))))))

Why?

Do you think you need it?

I don't know much about it apart from that it has come up quite frequently in things I've read. It seems to be widely used but (maybe that should be and) very strong.

I'm on Xanex XR. I like it. It in addfition to my Anti d's helps me ot to feel panicy. It really makes you sleepy at first been then that goes away soon.

bets

Swan, yes well, I have done soooo well in therapy and with the other two medications, but there is still one sore spot that I've not been able to heal

up completely, and even thinking about it give me those stabbing pains, but

more than that, I often actually try to doooo things about it, which could actually land me in jail, so I guess my answer to you would have to be yes, I guess I do need something, huh? We'll see how this works. Thanks.

Yup, you need something.

Don't go to jail - bad karma to have BPD AND a criminal record :P

(laughing because I was on the way down that route too before I realised what was happening. Luckily I got a big shock and have hopefully started managing it, but - scary, scary, especially since the only thing I want to do with my life apart from being a mum and travelling is going back to work as a barrister - not really on if I got a criminal record :( )

Love

I have been on 1 mg a day for about 3 months. I hope they don't take it away. It keeps me from getting paicky and my mind to be racing in a million directions.

bet

Yeah Budgie, I think it's just normal Xanax, but it's SR (slow release), so I can take it at night and reap the benefits all day long. How does it work for you, and how long have you been on it?

XXX

Ann

been on it for a while Ver, one a nite, must check the dosage..... pdoc allows me to take another if i feel like shit, helps me. :)

Archived