Mental Health Forums

Tattoos

lauraw2693

lol sioux im sure you just fine hun! i use bio-oil on scars and stretchmarks, and it does work, but uve really got to use it several times a day for a while before you see results...maybe thats just me though?

following on from siouxs question - anyone got any cures for "fireside tartan"? ive sat too close to the fire and "cooked" the veins in my left leg (depression has made me feel the cold more :( ) - it now looks like the london underground map? if not, looks like its going to be another tattoo place! lol!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying to draw my own design (yeah, yeah I know :rolleyes: ... cliche'd) so I can have it ready for my b'day in a few months. I would like the Goddess symbol, a few runes that hold sentiment for me and the inscription ' An harm ye none'. I want this on my foot, being an Aussie my feet are always in thongs/flip flops and I can cover them if I want.

I wouldn't get a tattoo on any part of my body that couldn't be covered. In my line of work, they are big job-stoppers!

I am trying to draw my own design (yeah, yeah I know rolleyes.gif ... cliche'd) so I can have it ready for my b'day in a few months. I would like the Goddess symbol, a few runes that hold sentiment for me and the inscription ' An harm ye none'. I want this on my foot, being an Aussie my feet are always in thongs/flip flops and I can cover them if I want.

I wouldn't get a tattoo on any part of my body that couldn't be covered. In my line of work, they are big job-stoppers!

I wouldn't say cliched, sounds like a lovely design :)

I'd so love to get a tat done, but my husband isn't keen. Does anyone know, what happens if you have one done over scars?

The one of the rose was done over a heap of scars maybe 2 years old, but he tried doing some work on like a month old stitched scars and the ink wouln't even stick to it. and just hurt alot. also it was weird cause my old scars were copletely flattened but it kinda hurt getting them tattoed over and they raised up a hel of a lot, but it was just swelling. but yeah was weird. but dont get tatoed over new scars it hurts and doesnt work haha

Cool thread laugh.gif

i myself haven't got any but i am very interested.

i like all of the ones posted very nice everyone

What does the writing say niiggyy?

it says "One day i will wipe away every tear from your eyes, and i'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth"

its pretty much what keeps me going

You are all so brave, when I had the one done over another on my hip, I felt so ill thought I was going to feint. The one on my lower back ouch.. Never again. Hurts too much.

Niggy that has gotta have hurt on your rib cage you have no fat on you, just soooo slim.

aw thats such a nice tribute marc.

i love the one of the feather and the quote shadow.

here's a pic of half of my sleeve. the fire and water parts. the earth and air on the top half of my arm aren't finished yet but will post a pic if/when it gets finished. it looks better in rl. theres gonna be a koi jumping out the water too eventually, cuz i love japanese style art and japan in general. and i think the quote 'you are wind, i am fire, together we dance' fitted in around the leaves/wind on the top of my arm as i'm a fire sign and the quote fits the theme of my tattoo so well. can't wait to finally get it finished.

2poa1wh.gif

Niggy that has gotta have hurt on your rib cage you have no fat on you, just soooo slim.

OMGOSH YES!!

it's only half done cos i couldnt take the pain. i actualy thought i was gonna diee from pain haha.

and i'm not slim haha im just sucking in ;)

Archived