Mental Health Forums

Tattoos

lauraw2693

The psychiatrist I saw the other month - When she was asking about self-harming she asked me if I had any tattoos. I don't but wondered at the time if they considered it like self-harm??????

I read somewhere that excessive tattoos are considered self harm... dont know what classes as "excessive" though!

last time i was depressed i got a few piercings done because i needed something that hurt, and 3 of my tattoos were done for that reason too, in that they were wanted and thought out, but the timing of getting them applied was influenced by how i felt.

im planning on treating myself to a new tat one i stop sh as a reward tho - hmmmmm......dont you just love irony?! pmsl! x

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The psychiatrist I saw the other month - When she was asking about self-harming she asked me if I had any tattoos. I don't but wondered at the time if they considered it like self-harm??????

I read somewhere that excessive tattoos are considered self harm... dont know what classes as "excessive" though!

last time i was depressed i got a few piercings done because i needed something that hurt, and 3 of my tattoos were done for that reason too, in that they were wanted and thought out, but the timing of getting them applied was influenced by how i felt.

im planning on treating myself to a new tat one i stop sh as a reward tho - hmmmmm......dont you just love irony?! pmsl! x

I did exactly the same - at one month and six months free from self-harm!! Think it does help in the same way, for a while at least.. x

wow i really want another one.. i love that star one netokitty.. could have that down my back... hrmm.. *saves pennies*...

wow i really want another one.. i love that star one netokitty.. could have that down my back... hrmm.. *saves pennies*...

That's the only probably with tattoos, how much they cost.. <_<

i heard of some guy that had both his legs amputated after an accident and he said his tattoos meant more to his than his legs!! Lose your legs plus your artwork - gutted. I love tat's sooo much

Just wondering what sort of tattoos people have? Any to represent mental health or self harm?

I have an english rose on my lower back, doesnt represent anything in particular for me. I was at uni in manchester, and I couldnt get an arsenal tattoo, so the rose it was...

Archived