Mental Health Forums

14 Days

Data

Last night was my 14th night without alcohol. I've had 14 days in which I may be a bit drowsier than normal because of my new medication.

However, its also 2 weeks hangover free :). I have probably saved myself £50-£75. I no longer have to be embarrased about putting the bottles out on recycling day. My stomach is starting to feel better I think. I don't smell bad any more, and I used to get terrible sweats.

I was drinking to give myself some relief from the anxiety, at the end of the day. My medication now does that for me.

Perhaps eventually I will find a way to relax myself with out external aids, I don't know. However, all I know is tonight will be HARD and I've not bought in any lagers :D.

Data, well done! Alcohol has so many negative effects including creating a temporary change to our personality and I have often noticed times when you were cleary innebriated and the impact this had on your whole persona.

This is excellent Data and I am very happy for you, genuinely.

Data that is fantastic.

I see your post earlier in crisis, and just wanted to say, you should tell your wife that she is not fit mentally to be able to make a decision with regards Leo. And that when she herself is more stable she can help with the decisions, in the meantime as you are the one that is most stable the decisions have to be yours.

Jeez long sentance sorry.

HI DATA

WELL DONE! you've done really well. i stopped last year for about 3 months but started again after christmas and my depression has come back. so i know what to do and follow your example

love starry xxxxxx

Congrats Data! You know you're doing the right thing. Glad you're feeling better xxxx

(Fedup! goes the bar and buys a round of cammomile tea for us all)

Wow data, that's fantastic. You're doing brilliantly.

If we need to lean on external aids, better it be the healthier ones, and i'm sure you're feeling the benefits of no alcohol already, it can only get better.

Well done, congratulations :)

Well last night was terrible, my wife was in a hell of a state.

Nevertheless I managed without drinking any.

Thanks for the support.

oooooo ima playin catchup on the posts and jus found this....

way to go data.......... :)

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

awsome data keep it going so many good things can come of this in so many ways it gives you so much more controle this is awsome

Archived