Mental Health Forums

Road To Recovery

Rainbow Tears

I'm making one big push to get better, one real all in effort to be ok! But I'm going to do it on my terms.

I'm taking it week by week, day by day. Each week has a goal to achieve, even if i manage nothing else between, and each day has a task to do.

This weeks goal: follow my meal plan for a whole week

Tomorrows task: go to see GP

I though I'd track my progress on here if anyones interested

xxxxxxxxxxxx

defo rainbow... if this helps then go for it.... i'll give u a nudge or two if u like xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've managed to eat normal-ish for the last two days! 1400kcal yesterday and 1600kcal today. I know its not as high as it should be, but any higher and I'll panic, which never leads to anything good. I will try to bump it up once I stabilise. If I stabalise...it has only been two days. I had a mini anxiety-anger attack this morning. My walls took a bit of a beating but....plugged my computer into my amp, so its blasting out the music ^_^

I draged myself out of bed at 8am today, and actually got dressed by 2pm to see the GP - a nerve racking experience especially when they are half an hour late, though my appointment ran on for longer than that - rather than going in my pjammas. Shes fast tracking me onto the psyc so hopefully things are starting to move. Its taken all my day just to eat and go to the doctors.... :mellow: but its better than nothing. Yesterday was the first time I'd been back home without b/p on the first night! Though I did sh :blink: but only shallow....

Guess I've got a long way the go but this is overall the best day I've had in ages!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey you have done really well, look at where you was two weeks ago.

You should be real proud of what you have achieved. Eating reasonably, getting up, going to the doctors.

Tis fantastic progress really is.

i think tracking your progress here is a great idea,and keep up the awsome work and dont worry about the sh u have done so much it has to be scarey.im here if need just send me a message

Yesterday and today were a complete disaster. I tried distraction, sitting with the feeling, but nothing was working. I just felt aweful! so of course turned to what I know best.... :wacko: then took some TCA's to help me sleep. I'm on an SSRI so I'm not supposed to do this - Dr doesn't know I've got them - but it knocks me out when I just want to escape from the world.

I managed a grand total of two days :blink:

I'm going to try REALY REALY hard tomorrow! I want to make it three days b/p free. I've given up on being sh free as well for the moment. Its too hard to do both together.

I'm such a mess

I think you're right to take it one day at a time - two days is great, if you could do three that would be ace (((rainbow tears))) It sounds like a good idea to focus on one area at a time too. Take care and you know where I am if you want to talk. xxx

Ok well yesterday went well but only because I knocked myself out for most of the day. I took 80mg amitriptaline - left over from last year - but I'm on 60mg fluroxitine so I don't think I'm supposed to do this, but its the only thing that knocks me out when I can't bear to be awake anymore...

Anyway - am supposed to be being possitive! - no b/p or sh yesterday! I did only have 1200kcal and not in normal meals but...can't win everything.

Thanks for the replies everyone. You're really keeping me going

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1600kcal today and a second day sh and b/p freeeee!!!!

I'm sleepy but ok ^_^ three days tomorrow and it doesn't have to stop there!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Too early for a reward lapwing - trying to think up something unrelated to food would just stress me out.

I've been up all night and have decided to become nocturnal for reasons explained in a different post. I've eaten all my calories for today early this morning :(

I'm such a pig!

That fact the I didn't throw up is little concelation but I have a plan for this week!

I'm eating only fruit and veg - they are my happy foods. Hopefully a detox will help my body as well.

Thanks for all the support!

I'm on to the tricky 3rd day xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived