Mental Health Forums

bpd yank

snowball77

sorry, my intro is abbreviated, didn't mean forit to get on so fast. I will write more later. Anyway, I am glad to be here. thanks

I'll just start over again by saying I was diagnosed in 1976 at the age of 28. I was on many different meds and received both individual and group therapy. I was hospitalized many times, the last hospitalization lasting 10 months in 1979. Most of the progress I've made has been since then, when I read several books written for the clinician. I could see myself as the topic of the subject matter and actually I was quite excited about it. Somebody actually "knew" what I was thinking and feeling. I could understand better how my behavior and thinking had been so distorted and destructive for most of my life. I had more hope at that point than at any other time. From that time forward I worked on monitoring myself as carefully as possible and I have made good progress. It has been extremely difficult for me and for the many people upon whom I wreaked havoc. I did do a lot of damage to my family; I only wish my parents were alive to read the literature that has been written just for families, and tohave had the support that is now available. About 3 months ago I discovered the wealth of info on the internet, and have been absolutely amazed at the interest in bpd. I am particularly glad for all of you younger people that youhave the advantage new meds and formof therapy designed for bpd. I have found the bulletin boards and chat rooms designed for bpd to be immensely helpful, and I thank all of you at bpdworld.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to this site, I am pleased you find it so useful too.

I think you have come a long way and you should be so proud of you as I for one know how hard it is to change your thinking etc. It is a difficult process and only you can do it, so well done on all your hard work over the years.

Hope you continue to improve

Archived