Mental Health Forums

[Insert Creative Title Here]

NotNormal

Hello everybody.

I am just a 19 year old girl with a huge interest in psychology and mental health issues.

I have a friend who suffers from OCD and social anxiety. I enjoy helping him out and exploring why he gets panic attacks while he's around people. I enjoy exploring CBT and understand how it helps people overcome their problems. I believe that everyone can find a way out of their problems with the right conditioning, which comes with a supportive environment and high self-esteem stemming from a sense of belonging. Support groups, where people are allowed to freely share their problems and coping strategies, can be very helpful in this respect.

I do not suffer from any mental issues per se. I, however, have something called Asperger's Syndrome, which is part of the autism spectrum. I used to suffer from depression and even had suicidal episodes. Thankfully, that's all passed now.

I came here to learn new things and to help out whenever I can. I hope you welcome me here...

I do welcome you here :). You seem like a caring and knowledgeable person and you could be a valuable part of our online community.

hello notnormal,

welcome to the site. u sound very caring.

i'm always keen to hear how people who have felt bad in the past have managed to get better xxx

Thank you for your welcomes! I'm glad that I'm acknowledged here. I might come here and lurk sometimes if I feel like it, and contribute as I see fit.

I also tend to overedit my posts due to perfectionism, as you can see.

Welcome.

New input always appreciated. Lurk as much as you like.

Can only say thanks for coming here to try to help others. xx

Archived