Mental Health Forums

People's Pets

suzieq

Hi All,

Got the idea for this from Esme's post earlier. Thought it would be good to share pics of pets to help cheer us up a bit.

Here's my boys.

1. Eddie - Jack Russel Terror (deliberate spelling) A complete pest, never listens to a word I say but love him to bits.

2. Rufus - Jack Russel. Perfectly behaved, that's coz he belongs to my friend & I only dog sit him every day.

3. Dino - Border Collie cross. The best boy in the whole wide world. Age 14 1/2, blind, senile, very arthritic, speed - 2 hours per mile!!. If that's not enough,

found out couple of weeks ago he has cancer too.

1 2 3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my god they are sooooooooo adorable. makes me feel all squishy inside looking at this pic. poor dino i'm so sorry he's got cancer thats so sad :( he's gorgeous, give him a cuddle from me. my doggy died of cancer a year and a half ago. really miss him. rufus is so cute awww and eddie lol he does look like a hand full :P i'll post pics of my pets too soon this is a good idea :) xx

bless, they're all adorable. sorry dino is ill ((dino))

you're right, border collies are brilliant, so clever!

This is Ben - our blue tongue! We've had him now for 9 years (rescued him from a cat)!

This is Betty (Ben's mate) - we won't be breeding them however, because Betty is quite vicious, she was also rescued.

These are my daughters birds. "Google" (cockatiel) and Lucy (the budgie) who was also rescued from irresponsible pet owners.

Imageas.jpg

My dog 'Tiny' who is a rottweiler X mastiff - rescued from my vile father. She was severely emeciated when I broke into his house to obtain her. I have no regrets for saving her life. She is the best dog I have ever come across.

We also have an axolotl (mexican walking fish) who is rather old at the age of 7 years, a penny turtle and a menagerie of wild birds who have made our house their home and come back to their nests to rear their young. We have in the past owned chickens, ducks and I have bred show-pigeons and raced 'homing pigeons'.

Somedays I prefer my pets over people!

Aww, All those dogs are so cute, I'm jealous. I'll see if I can get hubby to take a pic of the family dog peggy we're looking after at the moment, but in the mean time here's a pic of my baby bunny Autumn...

P1000478.jpg

Sorry, it's got ugly me in too!

This is Ben - our blue tongue! We've had him now for 9 years (rescued him from a cat)!

This is Betty (Ben's mate) - we won't be breeding them however, because Betty is quite vicious, she was also rescued.

These are my daughters birds. "Google" (cockatiel) and Lucy (the budgie) who was also rescued from irresponsible pet owners.

Imageas.jpg

My dog 'Tiny' who is a rottweiler X mastiff - rescued from my vile father. She was severely emeciated when I broke into his house to obtain her. I have no regrets for saving her life. She is the best dog I have ever come across.

We also have an axolotl (mexican walking fish) who is rather old at the age of 7 years, a penny turtle and a menagerie of wild birds who have made our house their home and come back to their nests to rear their young. We have in the past owned chickens, ducks and I have bred show-pigeons and raced 'homing pigeons'.

Somedays I prefer my pets over people!

awwwwwww an axolotl! they are the cutest fishes ever along with clown fish lol. i want onee! the birdies and lizards are awesome and pretty! although i did snarl slightly when i saw the name ben as its the name of my ex, but he's more of a snake than a lizard :rolleyes: haha. aw your poor doggy :( she's cuuute, im glad you rescued her. you have some exotic pets!

cute cute cute! all your pets are adorable x

suzie- the doggies look so lovely all lined up to have their picture taken.

sorry to hear about dino. my dog died a few years ago of cancer. it was heartbreaking but i feel lucky to have had her for many years :)

kojin- tiny has such puppydog eyes. so glad u rescued her and she has a nice life now :D

love your lizards. i've got a chinese water dragon (i'm going to put pictures up soon as i figure out how to do it!) one day i would love to be able take in lots of unwanted reptiles and give them a good home. and yes i also prefer animals to people a lot of the time!

lapwing- autumn is such a cute fluffy bunny! and you are very pretty too!

ok bare with me i have a lot of cats :) ...

this is the youngest cat, midge, pretending to be angelic, but she's actually evil and very clever. she reminds me of the evil penguin off wallace and gromit. she was a stray kitten and she found me at a car park in town, now i'm stuck with her :P

this is jess, the resident mouser. i dressed her in a miniture high vis vest so the mice would see her coming. lol

this is my lovely kitten. she's about 6 now but her names still kitten. she has a birth defect so she has wobbly back legs and cant jump and falls over a lot. midge always picks on her because she's disabled and can't defend herself :angry:

this is the man of the house, nippy. he's called nippy cuz he used to nip round, but he's since moved in. he harasses jess because he fancies her. jess hates him. midge fancies him but nippy ignores her. it's a very complicated love triangle.

and this is my old dog mutley pretending to be a sheep in his fluffly rug. he died a year and a half ago from cancer and i miss him loads.

I have a new syrian hamster, Lily, she's nearly 11 weeks old, I got her on the 23rd of last month.

We bonded almost instantly.

*big smiley face*

Here she is;

19535_356030875041_611960041_5322225_702

19535_356030920041_611960041_5322231_650

sry i have to many animals to post up, in the past i have posted pics of some of my pets.

Love the dogs, and fluffy animals and do luv the geckos, luv em all.

xx

This is tink_85's cat, Sweep. She hasn't got photobucket etc so I uploaded it for her. Hooraaaaaay he came home!!!

:D

t4v23k.jpg

All of yous have lovely pets.

I wish i could keep a doggie but ma cats would be pretty pissed at me. I dearly love animals, i just wish they didnt poop so much wacko.gif

My avatar is my kitteh Girlie. She wakes me in the morning with kissies.

Im going to try put up a pic of Dumbles Dougal McGuire- aka dumbles, now. My other cat, he is a neutered tom and I keep them both indoors 99% of the time, I went to pieces when i lost Dumbles sister gawry 2 yrs ago.

n100000546972488_1750.jpg

Isnt he cute n furry? He snores too!

awwww sweeps doin a meer cat impression haha! i'm going to nickname him sergei ^_^

omg dumbles is so fluffy he looks like a small lion haha x

Such cute pets.

Here's my family dog Peggy, had her over the weekend but she's gone back home now :( But got her for a whole week soon :D

P1000588.jpg

So glad people found this a good idea

I love them all. Tiny's face melts me totally, lucky dog. Peggy is just an adoreable OAP. Lily is sooooooooo cute but sure Lapwing will agree bunnies poop much more, Used to keep rats at one time, just find it really hard when they're only around for a couple of years. Autumn is gorgeous. I've got a black house rabbit who eats all my furrniture, curtains, sofa, cushions so beware!!!

Aw Bonii, Mutley is so lovely but like me you have to look at the wonderful time he had with you, mine won't be long for that final trip now. Cats galore everywhere, have had many over the years. Girlie is just so lovely but I lost 3 gingers all before the age of 2 so won't have another one but think they are wonderful.

Geckos/lizard are amazing, I would love an Iguana but need to learn how to look after one first. My fav reptile is a snake but if I got one of those hubby would divorce me!! (second thoughts maybe I''ll buy one! lol)

Love to all xx

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/post-20084-126800769546.jpg~Ya all got lovely pets.

Loving the Geckos, unfortunately killed mine, the heat pad broke and it er um died.

Have a Westie.

This is him when he had his hair cut, he is really fluffy now and needs another hair cut.

He is rather like a teddy bear at the moment.

Here are my girls, aka the other musketeers:

Firstly, there's Myra - she's a mongerl, got her while living in New Mexico and she has since travelled the world with me. She's my shadow. =)

f8056fece09d277d4377d406e288782b2g.jpg

And this is Palera, my pride and joy. She's a fantastic horse - still young and very playful, but extremely intelligent, honest and loyal.

4e052e05d643dd6371648e663538fbb72g.jpg

They are my most loyal companions and friends, and without a doubt the greatest teachers I have ever met!

Archived