Mental Health Forums

Any Good Films?

Divsky

you are male right...?

and you never seen american werewolf in london...?

the jenny agutter shower scene...?

wow......

thought was on every male teen wish list... hmmmmmmm

ha ha I knew my teen years was missing something...

beside from that I'm not your average guy :P

but now you've mentioned that its going straight to the top of the list! :D

persona- i love those mike leigh films too(but naked isn't very abusive)

nuts in may is one of mike leighs comedies which i'd highly recommend. also abigails party.

both show mike leighs humour very well xxx

has anyone mentioned

the hangover

yet?

that is good - i like adult childish comedies...

oooo and old school...

basically, what i do is, focus on actors and genres and then ask the mighty IMDB for what else they have been in...

but then i have every John Cusack film released on DVD... so maybe that kinda thing can lead to obsession... :wacko:

aww the hangover is such a good film holds a bad memory for me but still cant beat it! I quite like pineapple express too, well seth rogen in general is good,

oooooh I jus thought of one Meet Joe Black, god not seen that in years!

I wish I had a better memory :S there's loads of films that I cant remember (well only fragments lol) I actually have a small notepad and pen in my pocket to write down things I need to remember

me too... the note book thing - i have pants memory...

i am trying remember my fave films whilst at work

i am trying to visualise my dvd rack at home...

constantine

devils own

the machinist

the prestige

the illusionist

now i cant remember if anyone has mentioned any of them already... hmmm

american history x

fight club

rounders

keeping the faith

i am on my ed norton kick now lol

ooo those are some good films, at the time in high school when fight club was out me and my friends started our own fight club lol ah the memories :D

the machinist is an amazing film not seen it in a long time but I think I was just slightly fatter than him at one point :S now ave chubbed out lol,

persona- i love those mike leigh films too(but naked isn't very abusive)

nuts in may is one of mike leighs comedies which i'd highly recommend. also abigails party.

both show mike leighs humour very well xxx

yeah mike leigh films are good... (naked)bit dark not abusive although some characters are abusive :lol:

home now - i did well with my faves shelf - jus forgot these few...

shaun of the dead

hot fuzz - both of these are my silly feel good films

flatliners

la confidential

lost boys

oooo flatliners scared me when I was younger hopefully my younger fears of it are gone now lol lost boys is so good especially the soundtrack to it lol

lost boys is awesome... i have soundtrack on cd...

echo and the bunnymen's version of people are strange :)

people are strange always makes me think of the doors and the song "the end" not exactly the cheeriest song but still so good,

has anyone mentioned

the hangover

yet?

that is good - i like adult childish comedies...

oooo and old school...

basically, what i do is, focus on actors and genres and then ask the mighty IMDB for what else they have been in...

but then i have every John Cusack film released on DVD... so maybe that kinda thing can lead to obsession... :wacko:

Yeah The hangover is a great film to watch so funny. I do the same and go on IMDB and see what else they have been in. lol.

oooh fight club! can't believe i forgot fight club....always good to watch.

evil chips-thanks for remindin me of la confidential. not seen it in yonks.

also neverwhere, u may've seen it but momento is really enjoyable. its one of those where u can't wait to find out whats happened but i did need to watch it twice cos its a bit complicated and well, i'm a bit slow sometimes.

pinky- yea you're right know what u mean.

even tho naked not primarily a comedy johnny is a really funny character (in his own twisted way!) xxxx

Hope none of these have already been mentioned..had a quick look through

What's eating Gilbert Grape?

Amelie

Monster

ooooo memento - it is a lil hard work - i had to find the function on the dvd to play the film in the right order cos i am shite at following films... but good film...

memento is awesome, I still cant find the easter egg on the dvd though,

that film monster was quite good I remember seeing it years ago, you almost feel sorry for her in it,

To get to the chronological play of the film on the original (single-disc edition), go to the special features (with the polaroids spinning towards the screen), and press the select button when the blank polaroid is filling the screen.

I seem to remember taking bloody ages to get the timing right myself...

ah right cool! I'll watch it normally then throw it through again in order lol I'm patient I'll sit and keep trying although if you dont hear back within 48hrs then I may be struggling..lol

ACE THREAD!

I joined lovefilm.com a few months ago and it's dead good. I pay £5.00 a month, have created a list of films i want to watch inc. some real old classics I can't find (lots of Hitchcock, Sweet Smell Of Success,Saturday Night Sunday Morning), cult classics and newbies.

I get a DVD sent to me in the post, I watch it, post it back and they send me another. Every so often I top up my list...got loads of new suggestions now, thanks to you lot! xxx

Also, maybe I'm a bit odd but its exciting opening your envelope and wondering what you've been sent! :rolleyes:

Happy viewing everyone...I'm recommending Withnail and I for comedy, Frankie and Johnny for lurvre, Twister for trashy action and Its a Wonderful Life for...well you know. Everything xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived