Mental Health Forums

Alcoholic And Self Harmer

Dolly4444

Hi,

My name is Dolly; I am a 22 year old female and I have suffered from depression for over 10 years now. Due to this depression (amongst other things), I became a severe alcoholic and self harmer. Everyday is a constant battle for me; I cannot do the things normal people do and I can't understand why. I can't find the answers.

I guess I am looking for people that are like me so I dont feel so alone and maybe get some inspiration, advice, and maybe friends. I would love to hear from anyone really.

I am new to this site so any advice / comments / friends would be more than appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Dolly4444

Hey Dolly. I'm new to this too, I also struggle with self harming and alcohol, if you ever need to talk just give me a message, i'm not sure how much i could help, but i'm a pretty sweet listener, and real empathetic.

Hi and welcome Dolly...

I hope u find what u need here - we are on the whole a friendly bunch...

You say you have suffered dep for 10 years - boy that's a long time... do you have any idea what kicked it all off... i have suffered dep dx since 91 on and off and it is only just the past year or so that i have had the strength to have some talking therapy to find the underlying issues behind it all... (mostly cos of all the support i have gotten here tbh) is that something you have tried yet at all?

Anyway, as i said welcome to the forum and lookin forward to getting to know you...

Kath x

Hiya and welcome to the forum. I'm 22 and was dx with depression when I was 12. I also struggle with sh. I have found this site very supportive and friendly, hope you find it as well. If you every wanna chat you can pm and I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can.

Hi Dolly, welcome to the site.

There is lots of information here for you, and plenty of supportive and friendly people too.

I'm 25 and I also have a self harm problem, let me know if you need a friend x

Hi Dolly, I'm diagnosed with bipolar disorder but suffer mainly from depression and most of the time, and also possibly BPD. I've had depression on and off since I was 14, and I'm now 28. I also self harm. Here if you need a friend xx

Archived