Mental Health Forums

Appointment With Intake Team Tomorrow

Rainbow Tears

Hello all,

I finally have an appointment with the Local Mental Health Team's Intake Team. I have no idea what this means? what happens?

do I see a pdoc? mh nurses?

what do they ask?

will I actually get a diagnosis?

Up until now I've only ever seen my GP and the crisis team once. There pdoc was useless, didn't listen to me, and I was pretty out of it at the time anyway.

Both my gp's have been really lovely. Are all pdoc's like the one I've seen? that would send me up the wall!

Any advice would be greatly appriciated

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I really hope it works out for you tomorrow. I don't know quite what the appointment will be like, have you been given any information? But I guess it might be a pdoc there. Some pdocs are great. It might help to make some notes on things that are important to you, that you want to discuss, so that you go away feeling you've been heard.

Hope it goes ok, will keep my fingers crossed for you xx (((rainbow))) xx

I'm not quite sure what that is but it could be a referal for you Community Mental Health Team if you haven't got one of those yet. It could be where you meet a pdoc or a care coodinator. Pdoc's vary as to what they are like cos they are different people and personalities so just depends and it is sometimes done on where you live as to which one you get. Sorry can't be much more use but let us know how it goes tomorrow and its a good idea like Lapwing says to make notes. Just be honest about what is going on for you atm. Hope it goes ok. :)

Good luck tomorrow hun and yes definitely take notes, my first appointment with my current pdoc I just got flustered and didn't say what I wanted to..

I would imagine there would be a pdoc there, not all are bad mine is a tad loopy put does usually listen.. Like others have said its just finding one that suits, if they're useless ask for a change.

I wouldn't have thought you'd get a diagnosis on the first meeting.. think they usually want to meet you a few times and send a significant amount of time talking to you.. It took mine nearly a year to give me the BPD diagnosis but that doesn't mean it will be that long for everyone..

Let us know how you get on :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I live in Holland but I think it pretty the same you will meet a care coordinator or something and have a chat,an intake.You will be asked probably about your issue's,your childhood etc

A diagnoses usually takes more time so do not expect that right away. And my experience with pdoc differs a lot,so no they are not all like that.

Yay for you finally getting help!!!

Good luck,keep us posted??

Lilly

Ok well it was the CMHT but just a social worker to decide what to do with me... :blink:

She suggests pychotherapy - long waiting list that I might be able to cut a little.

Bipolar was the only thing mentioned as far as a dx would go...but shes a social worker not a pdoc. On the other hand shes the first one to agree with me that the fluroxitine clearly isn't working! She's refered me to a pdoc so still waiting for my first psychiatrist appointment....

:wacko: i feel like a loon

Oops sorry just asked how it went on your other post, didn't see this..

Psychotherapy sounds good, I'm still waiting for mine too! Why do you feel like a loon? Hopefully the psychiatrist will say come off the fluoxetine and find you something better suited :)

Well done for going hun xxxxxxxxxx

duno shadow, i always feel like a loon

its strange, like i cant explain why i feel the way i do. I just use the word that fits in my head best and loon sounded right - all floaty like a balloon and a bit mental/wacked out.

If the pdoc doesn't take me off the fluroxitine I rekon I'll do it myself....not rocket science

xxxxxxxxxxx

You're not a loon, you're someone suffering a bit right now. Hope you here about the pdoc soon. Be careful taking yourself off meds, they can have nasty withdrawal symptoms - maybe talk to the gp about it?

If you want to know anymore about bipolar, I'm diagnosed with it, feel free to PM me

((((rainbow)))) xxxx

Glad u had your innitial assesment, getting to see a psych doc can take a while b4 u get a dx, but hopefully you will get seen by others in the mean time......theres a long waiting list for psychotherapy too :rolleyes:

hope u can get your meds sorted

all the best

emogirl xxxx

Archived