Mental Health Forums

Bdd

niiggyy

hi niggly, i'm sure you're not disgusting.i've never been diagnosed with it. but then i suppose i haven't always completely opened up to doctors.

whenever i've read about it i recognise a lot of the symptoms in myself.

take care, hope you're getting good support.xxx

have u read up on it? think one of the main things is 'does the way you look stop you from living as you otherwise would?'. putting make up on for hours, looking in the mirror a lot and other things.

i think the therapy u can get for it is meant to be very effective. take care xxx

• 1 month later...

Hi niggyy,

Just seen this thread, think it was from a while ago. Yes I have bdd. It my main problem I live with. I havnt spoken about it before on here and i havnt seen a lot of people talking about it either. I don't have a lot of words of wisdom about it but if u need someone 2 chat 2 it's likely I will b able 2 identify with u. Hope ur doing ok. Butterfly xx

I've never been diagnosed with it, although it was mentioned by my old psychotherapist several times.. I'm not sure if my symptoms are considered part of the unstable self-image of BPD now though.. Again, not a lot of advice but happy to talk about it if you'd like to pm me xx

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i have it, it sucks, ive had it since i was about 10, im 33 now.I hardly go out, im pretty much stuck in my bloody house twenty four seven , im obsessive about my face, i spend hours in front of the mirror in a distressed mess, i get in to repeatative behaviour...i put on cream, take it off , put on cream take it off ...repeat. i make my face sore all the time, Ive punched my self and gave myself two lovely black eyes because i hate what i see so much. I have no friends because of the isolation. im constantly trying to 'fix' my self. Ive had incredable urges to cut my face, to take what i hate away. Im on anti psychotics (s/p?) and anti depressants. they have helped a bit but not with the compusive stuff. its a constant struggle. i hate it. nobody really knows about it as i dont think anybody would understand. its stolen my life. im getting help for it but i think its going to be a long journey.

• 2 weeks later...

I have it , and it's real trust me.

we did this thing where i drew myself on the wall as to what i was through my eyes, then she traced me inside of me and i was much smaller.

Archived