Mental Health Forums

Bonjour

MizLordoftheRing

Hey everyone-

I'm Lindsay (or Miz..blahblah..., call me whichever you like). I'm nineteen years old, about to be 20 and I live in Missouri in the U.S. I'm a college student and I'm currently taking summer courses and taking it semi-easy for the summer by staying up late, sleeping in late and doing next to nothing during the days. I've also spent my recent lazy weeks taking the opportunity to visit with my boyfriend Ashley who lives about an hour away from me, whom I'll have more difficulty seeing once our fall semesters start at our two different colleges. So my summer is not being too terribly wasted. Now for why I'm here- I was diagnosed borderline last summer but considering it was just another diagnosis added to my list, I didn't really learn or pay too very much consideration to how it affects my everyday life and overall mental health. I also was having more, at the time, prevalent problems that were more the focus of my attention then, like depression, stress, and my typically summer-intensified obsessive-compulsive disorder problems. Well, it was a mistake to not examine it more closely and work on it more sooner. It wasn't until this spring, when I was assigned an extensive research paper for one of my psych. classes, (I'm also a psych. major) for which i chose the topic of BPD, that I realized how much of a prevalent element in my life it was. I learned so much about the disorder and myself that much about the last year and much of my adolescence began to make sense. Especially the relationship problems I had over the last year with my previous boyfriend Corey. What an eyeopener. So now that I'm with someone new, I'm learning about and battling my problems with my BPD head-on and I'm needing some help and support. I'm fighting it hard and trying to be less fear-ful. I'm wanting to battle this horrid monster and I need some people who know what it is like to try to do what I'm trying to do. That's about the jist of it. Excited about getting to learn and get to know all of you here. :P cheers. -Lindsay

oh, also: I'm very into Spider-Man, LOTR, Harry Potter, James Dean, film, theatrics, and many many other things -and Britain as well -I hope to study in London next summer, it's been a dream of mine to study abroad for many years.

Lindsay,

Welcome! I am your neighbor in Kansas. I went to college in MI. SEMO. Where are you? Anyway there is another KS here, OK, AK, NV,CA, some northern states bunchies of usa'ers. Anyway lots of nice people to bounce ideas and thots off.

You have come to a good site, welcome.

Bets

Welcome! I'm so glad you're here. And we have a lot of the same intrests. It would be nice to talk to you. I'm always around if you want to.

Email-stardanceraj@yahoo.com

AIM- fairytales817

Archived