Mental Health Forums

Wow Blimey

Pink stars

Hi every one, I hope your ok xx

Wow ok so after venting out on here earlier this evening (which I found helpped alot) I decided to phone my Nan and finally have that "chat" with her about my Mum and standing up for herself.

So I rang my Nan's mobile, and on the first ring...my mum answered. First thought was - oh no.

My Mum and I were on the phone for half an hour, usually we cant even manage 5 minutes as a fight breaks out. There was No arguments, No shouting, not even any disagreeing!

I kept very calm the whole conversation, explained that I am worried about Nan and that she really needs her car back. Mum said her ""ex"" had actually rung today and said he's broken my Nan's car (grrrr) and asked her if she wanted him to pay to fix it or sell it for her and give her the money. Nan said to sell it. I said to Mum he best give my Nan the money and my Mum agreed with me and said she will make sure that happens.

I then told my Mum about some jobs I saw on-line today that she may be interested in, she listend while I read them out and as they can only be applied for on-line she actually asked me to apply for them for her right away as she does not have a computer.

She said she's been low and keeps getting ill, when I suggested she take a trip to the doctors, she didn't fly off on one like she usually does - she said she thinks she ought to go.

She asked how my job is, asked how my partners is and when I was telling her she didn't talk over me like she usually does -she just listend.

We discussed my Nan's birthday, Nan may not be upto going out for lunch because of the fall she had so we planned a little birthday "tea" for her at her house together.

I didn't push it and mention our wedding, this has hurt me that she has shown no interest but I didn't want to mention it today as I wanted to concentrate on making things good for my Nan.

Nan is sore but doing ok, she was pleased I called.

Mum sounded very pleased to hear from me and at the end of the phone call she told me she loved me.

I know very well that tomorrow I could ring again and we could have a blazing row, I won't forget the things that have happend and I dont for one minute think everything is fixed. But I feel like that phone call was a huge break through and I do feel better for it.

I was all ready to scream and shout but venting here first really helpped me, and thank you to the lovely people who sent me messages after my vent.

Thanks for reading, take care, love to all xx

:D yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

Proud of you hunni - and the way you handled it all... i hope it isnt just a one off... but you never know... i will keep my fingers crossed for you and your family...

Venting stuff is great cos you can kinda chip a lil bit of the sharp emotion away so you can focus better - kinda takes you out of the moment - well thats what it does for me... :)

I am glad your Nan is doing OK... and the birthday tea sounds a great idea :) as long as you have caaaaaaaaaaake :)

love and hugs

Kath xx

Thanks lovely! xxxxxx

Oh I feel so much more peaceful.

oh yes caaaaaaaaaaaaake! I am going to be making a birthday cake for my Nan, hope it comes out alright!

xx

Pink -

It sounds like you handled things amazingly, well done. I am happy for

you. I do hope that you will be able to hold on to your mums words and

her manner in which she talked to you. Thanks for a positive post.

March

go pink! :D its great that you were able to talk with your mum, and that she also listened to you...im made up for ya darl! *hugs*

wow!! I am glad the time brought you better feeling. you can proud of your self.... you could talk calm and brought you good moment. Really happy for you. smile.gif

(((Pink))) XX

I am so proud of you love, after everything we're talked about concerning your Mum and Nan.

I really hope your Mum's ex gives your Nan the money for the car - as I know how much she needs it right now! Also I really hope your Mum takes your advice and goes to see a doctor, and telling her about the jobs was a really good/brave thing to do.

lets hope that this isn't a one off and that may-be she'll start showing you the respect, caring and love you want and need from her.

Sending you big marmite hugs, love always, Magrat xoxoxoxoxoxo

So so proud of you Ms Stars, especially as this was all done over the phone too....well done :) xxxxxxxxx

You're a strong gal. Know it couldn't have been easy for you. Hope your mum starts to get herself together, one step at a time.

Great to read this post, am thinking of you xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you all so much for your lovely messages and for all your support xx

I am still feeling good today from the phone call, I hope it continues and we can move forward.

I am keeping everything crossed for next Thursday for when Nan, mum and I are all getting together at Nan's house for her birthday, I so want it to go well and there to be no arguing - I guess it will be like the ultimate test, I am just keeping everything crossed that my mum doesn't kick off like she usually does...I have been practing my "1 to 10 and back again" so that nothing breaks out. Fingers crossed!

Thanks again ((every-one)) xx

Archived